Free vs Premiere

gberg

Could anyone please explain the differense between Emby Free vs Premier.

According to this Feature Matrix: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Emby-Premiere-Feature-Matrix the android app is supposed to have playback limited to 1 minute, but that's not the case for me, I can watch entire movies using Android app on my cellphone, bot on it's own and if I stream from my cellphone to a Chromecast connected to my TV?

Will I also have unlimited playback if I use a Android mediabox directly connected to my TV?

Edited by gberg

on my cellphone, bot on it's 

Does that mean you purchased the app unlock?  If so, you can see on that same matrix that also unlocks full playback in that app.

No, I have not purchased app unlock, at least not as far as I know of. Is it possible to see somewhere int the app if is unlocked?

If I look at my Google Play account purchase history I don't see any sings of Emby app unlock. 

I'm using Emby for Android Mobile 3.0.76

Either it's a bug in my server/client, which I might regret reporting...  :P

Or perhaps the Feature Matrix is out of date, after all it's almost  a year old?

Ouch, now everyone is gonna hate me...  :P

We already knew. It is not impacting everyone, only a specific set of devices for reasons we are still chasing down.

We already knew. It is not impacting everyone, only a specific set of devices for reasons we are still chasing down.

Ok, I can tell you I've tested on several Android mobile devices using different Emby server users, also tried apps on a Samsung TV and on a LG TV and they all work with unlimited playback time.

I also tried using the Android TV version on my cellphone, but then I it's only 14day trial.

Hi.  The Samsung smart TV app is free for normal playback.

Ok, I guess it's the same for the LG smart TV app too then? 

This is what it looks like on the device page: LG Smart TV (43UH664V-ZC) Emby Theater 1.0.18

crusher11

I believe the LG TV app is free, but will make you sit through a "subscribe to Premiere" message for about 20 seconds before playback begins.

I believe the LG TV app is free, but will make you sit through a "subscribe to Premiere" message for about 20 seconds before playback begins.

Hmm, I don't remember seeing anything like that, but maybe that's another bug in the limitations?