TWiT.tv Channel Plugin

flexage

flexage

TWiT.tv Channel Plugin

http://twit.tv/

538e20c006ffb_primary.jpg

Description

The TWiT.tv Netcast Network with Leo Laporte features the #1 ranked technology podcast This Week in Tech, along with over 20 other top-ranked online shows.

This channel lets you browse and watch the latest episodes of your favorite netcasts from the TWiT.tv network.

Screens

538e222d4b7eb_MB3TWiTChannelList.jpg

TWiT Shows Overview

538e2251bb4f0_MB3TWiTEpisodeList.jpg

TWiT Episodes Overview

Configuration

There are no configuration options required to use the TWiT Channel.

However you do have some control over the quality of video stream you would like, using the Channel area of the MB3 Server dashboard.

538e22ebe1703_MB3ChannelStreamConfig.jpg

Change Log/Release History

1.0.5267.29180 (3/Jun/2014)

• Initial Beta Release - A minimum Media Browser Server version of 3.0.5267.16902 is required for use (which is the latest Beta Server Release at the time of writing)

Credits/Kudos

Massive thanks go out to Redshirt and Luke for their help, and also to snazy2000 for the Twitch Channel plugin which laid the foundations for this plugin.

Edited by flexage
  • Like 10

CBers

Not sure if it's the plug-in or the Channels infrastructure, but I can't sort any of the content, either the list of netcasts or the episodes within each netcast.

TIA.

flexage

Not sure if it's the plug-in or the Channels infrastructure, but I can't sort any of the content, either the list of netcasts or the episodes within each netcast.

TIA.

Well, if I remember correctly when I last looked it kinda worked like this:

• Netcasts List

Sortable only by Default(Name)/Name, the netcasts folders don't have a release date or runtime associated with them so those two sort types are ignored.

• Episodes List

Sortable by Default(Name), Name, Release Date, and Runtime.

However, it is worth noting that for episodes lists the name and release date sort types produce the same order, since the episodes are already listed by names that correspond to their release order.

Runtime, on the other hand does produce a sort order that is exactly by running length (shortest to longest).

For the Episodes List I made sure to wire up the ability to sort by both Name and Release Date so that this Channel is prepared for any future developments that may be made to the sorting/channel backends in the mb server.

But really, atm, yeah Netcasts Lists are effectively only sortable by Name, and Episode Lists are only sortable to the equivalent of Name & Runtime ;)

• Like 1

flexage

@@Yogi, just seen the OP, I'll look into it, thanks for the head's up... still don't have MBClassic to test tho I'll do my best ;)

Yogi

@@Yogi, just seen the OP, I'll look into it, thanks for the head's up... still don't have MBClassic to test tho I'll do my best ;)

Thanks mate much appreciated

im85288

For what it's worth I am also experiencing issues with Twit. It works fine via the web client but is not retrieving the channel details on the Roku...or actually for me via the API to get the channels data.

This is the error shown when attempting to get the channel data via the API:

1xqZmXF.png

snazy2000

If the same I'd works on web client but not in api then I'd of thought it's an api issue

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

flexage

@@Yogi - Ebr has fixed the problem TWiT was having in MBC as of the latest Dev release (176?) - Tested my end and seems to be fine now ;)

@@im85288 - Are you still seeing this issue from the current stable server release onwards and latest stable TWiT release onwards? The issue with MBC has been resolved with some recent updates, has this helped your issue at all?

Yogi
@@Yogi - Ebr has fixed the problem TWiT was having in MBC as of the latest Dev release (176?) - Tested my end and seems to be fine now ;)

Thanks mate all working great now.

im85288

@@im85288 - Are you still seeing this issue from the current stable server release onwards and latest stable TWiT release onwards? The issue with MBC has been resolved with some recent updates, has this helped your issue at all?

@@flexage - I'm currently on the OSX server which is not quite up to date according to the version number...so it may be down to that. Once it get's updated I'll let you know if it's working for me. Cheers.

it's up to date. just a bug where it's checking the windows catalog for updates

im85288

Ah ok then it still does not work for me @@flexage - the same error message as shown above is produced when I attempt to get the channel data.

Looking into it in even more detail this call works:

http://192.168.1.214:8096/mediabrowser/Channels/d51e6f2cc27dee8bfb984be260b83039/Items?StartIndex=0&UserId=c0be427190e662f0ed319e512f6d72ab

But this one fails:

http://192.168.1.214:8096/mediabrowser/Channels/d51e6f2cc27dee8bfb984be260b83039/Items?UserId=c0be427190e662f0ed319e512f6d72ab

So it looks like the StartIndex is incorrectly a required field? 

im85288

Ok thanks, My point is that all other channels successfully return the channel data without a StartIndex provided. This one is the only one (I have tested) that fails with a InvalidOperationException when the StartIndex is not included in the request. Not a big deal as I can add it to all requests..just odd.

flexage

Hmmm, I'll take a look see at my code... I might have left something erroneous in there, or it may be that I'm implementing a server feature that the other channels aren't to do with paging and filtering... Probably the latter tbh

Redshirt

I'm able to surf this channel on Android without providing a startIndex. 

• Like 3

start index is not required but you do have to respect the channel's max page size - for now, the lower channel is i think 50, so if you limit your calls to say, 30 at a time, that should last you a while