Log ip address of connected users?

symphonichorizon

symphonichorizon

Not sure where to put this so went with here as I'm using it on ubuntu. If wrong place I'm sorry.

Question: Is there any sort of logging in emby server of users ip addresses? ie user bob connects from home on ip 1.1.1.1 and then user bob connects on work ip 2.2.2.2 but then user bob connects on ip 100.100.100.100 that would be a big jump and could mean possible account sharing and this is a possible issue. So if there is where is it located and how do I access it, if not is there some other method to monitor users, either by devices or ip?

mastrmind11

Emby doesn't do this (not should it).  But since you're on linux, it would be simple enough to write your own monitor using tcpdump or some other command line tool.

rbjtech

Agreed - plenty of 3rd party tools to do this more effectively - fail2ban, ipban etc - can all scrape the emby log and record/act on this information should you really need it. 

The connected WAN IP addresses are actually kept in the emby dB - using the report plugin [Activity] (or mySQL), so you can get this info easily enough.  

Edited by rbjtech