How to setup guide data

bigverm23

bigverm23

ok, how am I supposed to make this guide at least show me what's on each channel haha?

This is an M3U tuner, site has no instructions on setting up a guide of any sort.

emby server 4.2.1

Deepin Manjaro 15

post-339752-0-39366500-1567985019_thumb.png

Untitled Document 1.txt

Edited by bigverm23

Hi there, have you setup guide data in Emby Server? You say there's no help to be found anywhere, did you not see the help button right at the top of the live tv setup screen?

It will bring you to our live tv wiki, where you can learn more about the available guide data options:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Live-TV

Most likely in your case you'll need to bring your own guide data using xml tv.

bigverm23

i followed the guide far enough to learn how to set up an M3U, which I did.  I have an M3U URL and an EPG url from the provider.  Adding either just gives me a blank guide with channel numbers and icons only.

samuelqwe

You add the M3U URL as your Live TV source. And below the place you added your live tv source, there should be a section to set up your guide provider with the EPG url you were given. Simply add a guide provider, select a country (any will do), and then choose XMLTV as the guide type. Enter your EPG URL in the first text box, and you can leave everything else as default. After a little while, you should see the guide data start to appear in the guide.

ok so as of this morning, the guide still wont display, and 99% of channels wont even load an image.

Check your iptv credentials with an IPTV app or in Kodi (with PVR IPTV Simple Client)

If no guide loads in both, with your m3u and xml, than go complain with your IPTV provider why you don't get your guide for your channels.

You pay for their service, let them work for providing support. Emby works with IPTV and Guide if you feed it the right.

Also try to learn what is necessary in m3u and xml, for apps to create a guide. If tvg-id is not present in m3u or doesn't match with channel-id's from xml, than no Guide will be created for your channels.

bigverm23

thanks for the response.

this is what I needed.  Looks like the xml is not working so I have opened a ticket with the provider. 

Check your iptv credentials with an IPTV app or in Kodi (with PVR IPTV Simple Client)

If no guide loads in both, with your m3u and xml, than go complain with your IPTV provider why you don't get your guide for your channels.
You pay for their service, let them work for providing support. Emby works with IPTV and Guide if you feed it the right.

Also try to learn what is necessary in m3u and xml, for apps to create a guide. If tvg-id is not present in m3u or doesn't match with channel-id's from xml, than no Guide will be created for your channels.

samuelqwe

ok so as of this morning, the guide still wont display, and 99% of channels wont even load an image.

Latest screenshot and logs attached.

I noticed in this screenshot that your "channels" actually seem to be On Demand (VOD) content. Have you verified that an actual Live TV channel has any guide data?