Trailers - Refresh Local Trailers Scheduled Task vs "Enable Local Trailer Downloads for Existing Movies"

jhoff80

jhoff80

So it appears that there are some new options for trailers having to do with the switch to the Channels architecture.

I previously was using the scheduled task for local trailer downloads.  Now, there's a separate option within the plugin options themselves (and a separate channels scheduled task).

Should I delete my schedule for the separate local trailer downloads task?  Is the latter option now preferred?  Or maybe are these two somehow doing two separate things and I'm just entirely confused?

Edit:  There's also a third option for it under "Enable channel content downloading" that mentions trailers.  So really I'm just totally confused here I think. :D

Edited by jhoff80

Apologies. The channels architecture is brand new and it will take time for our app developers to support channels. 

That's why the channels trailers folder still exists, along with it's scheduled task. Hopefully, in a few weeks, both of those things will be gone and everything will be done through channels.

As for as local trailer downloads - that is a separate thing to download trailers for movies that you have. it should probably be moved to a separate plugin though.

Edited by ebr
edited typo for clarity :)

CBers

Local trailers are still downloaded via the plugin, but online trailers can be downloaded where possible if selected in the channels.

Sounds a bit confusing I know, but trailers are in a transitional state.

Eventually only the channel will exist.

Yea I'll move the local trailer downloading to it's own plugin. I think that makes sense, especially since it's likely there will later be multiple sources.