Anyone using NextPVR with Ceton?

lightsout

lightsout

I am using an HDHR prime with Emby and was looking to get a second. But remembered I have an old pcie ceton lying around.

Anyone using one of these with NextPVR? Curious if it's worth the hassle or should I just buy a second hdhr.

lightsout

I think you'll get a better experience with a second hdhr.

I think so too, but already owning the device is a huge advantage. To bad CC's are such a pain to get going, can't just swap them between devices to test.

arrbee99

Might be worth asking on their forum. They seem to support Ceton thingies with v4, not sure about their new v5.

lightsout

Might be worth asking on their forum. They seem to support Ceton thingies with v4, not sure about their new v5.

Probably a good idea. Although I have been unable to find a ceton driver so there's that.

arrbee99

Oh well, that could be a problem. Do they still exist (the company I mean) ? Guess Luke could just possibly be right - who'd a thunk...

lightsout

Oh well, that could be a problem. Do they still exist (the company I mean) ? Guess Luke could just possibly be right - who'd a thunk...

No they are long gone and never officially offered support for Windows 10 as far as I can tell. But I hear the driver can work.

emveepee

From what I read on the NextPVR forums, the Win 8.1 drivers could work.  Additionally the Ceton drivers for linux might give another option.

Martin

lightsout

From what I read on the NextPVR forums, the Win 8.1 drivers could work.  Additionally the Ceton drivers for linux might give another option.

Martin

Thats what I read, ceton's site doesn't load for me. I haven't been able to find a driver for the infinitv 4 anywhere.