Some Artwork is scewed on Fire TV and Android TV, but is fine on Android mobile and web interface

pataphysician

pataphysician

The Cast & Crew artwork and All Episodes artwork is scewed being displayed in a somewhat more square rectangle than it should be. This artwork is displayed correctly on Android mobile and web interface. Any ideas how to fix this?

pataphysician

Ok more details, the server is 4.2.1 and Android TV is 1.7.43g

First image is of Android Tv but Fire Tv appears the same. Cast and Crew are skewed into a box with wrong aspect ratio, also when there is no season specific image in the metadata the season image is also skewed, in this example there are season specific images, except for the All Episodes were it uses the primary show image

https://imgur.com/gallery/PeSnKtd

Second image is Andoid mobile but web interface is the same, Cast and Crew non skewed.

https://i.imgur.com/QlxLgIz.png

For shows were there in no season specific image in metadata so it uses the primary show image, Android Tv and Fire Tv show a skewed image in a wrong sized box, where android mobile and web also show a wrong sized box but put the image in the correct aspect ratio but with ugly grey borders

Image on Android Tv from show with no season specific image

https://i.imgur.com/0big9Bp.png

Image on Android mobile from show with no season specific image

https://i.imgur.com/btwdRcf.png

Edited by pataphysician

The pixel size is 300x450px

That is a .6666 aspect ratio.  I think the Android TV app may be showing them at their actual shape while the other one is forcing them into a .7779 aspect (which is standard for things like posters) but hard to be sure.

Can you open one of the original images and eyeball the shape?

pünktchen

...while the other one is forcing them into a .7779 aspect (which is standard for things like posters) but hard to be sure.

Who gave you that strange number?

TheMovieDB and TheTVDB actor images have to be 0.667.

TheMovieDB poster images have to be 0.667.

TheTVDB poster images have to be 0.680.

FanartTV poster images have to be 0.701.

Who gave you that strange number?

TheMovieDB and TheTVDB actor images have to be 0.667.

TheMovieDB poster images have to be 0.667.

TheTVDB poster images have to be 0.680.

FanartTV poster images have to be 0.701.

Sorry, I probably typed wrong ratios there.  The standard poster (and I think actor) image should be 1x1.5 but it was hard to tell from the images provided which app was showing at that ratio.

300x450 = 1x1.5 the same as 2:3 = 0.667

I've always thought the image aspect ratio in the ATV is wrong.

The app actually looks at the actual image ratio to determine display and only has to fall back to defaults if that isn't there but I'll confirm the defaults in the app.

pataphysician

I looked at the standard poster images they are 1001x1500px which is .667 ratio, pretty much the same as the actor image. Also it's clear that most of the time Android tv renders the show posters correctly, but for the example of the season image where there isn't a specific season image, it uses a wrong size box on all platforms but renders the poster skewed on android tv/firetv and renders the poster with correct ratio but left and right grey borders on android mobile/web. I was wondering if maybe the problem could be something screwed up on the server end? because I was looking for any report of a similar issue and haven't seen anything, so it seemed unlikely to be the apps themselves, but maybe something unusual on the server end. I'm not exactly sure when it started to happen, as summertime is low recording/watching season for me.

Edited by pataphysician

I found a couple of adjustments that needed to be made to defaults.  So you can try this with the next beta if you wish.

Thanks.