Re-Watch, or Reset Playstate Without Reset Watch Count

atomicmoon

atomicmoon

I would like to request a feature to allow TV episodes/series to have their watch status reset in Emby, without removing it from watch history.

Example:

I finish watching TV Series X. A couple months later I would like to watch it again, and have it populate in my "Next Up" section, without removing it from my watch history.

Example with Trakt functionality:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/77281-trakt-reset-playstate-sync-to-emby/

Possibly have Emby keep a running tally of how many times a user has watched an episode/season/series.

Thank you for your consideration in this feature request!

• Like 1

vdatanet

If you start watching again a watched show, the only way it appears in "Next Up" is to mark the show as unwatched, since "Next Up" shows the next unwatched episode. Maybe he means being able to rewatch a show again without marking it as unwatched and appearing in Next Up.

vdatanet

What do you do when you want to watch a TV Show again and follow your progress on "Next Up"? I set the TV Show as unwatched, is there a better way?

• Like 1

What do you do when you want to watch a TV Show again and follow your progress on "Next Up"? I set the TV Show as unwatched, is there a better way?

That is the way to do it.  I'm just looking for clarification on what else the OP is requesting...

atomicmoon

Op probably needs to do homework before requesting features already available.

I want to be able to select rewatch on a series/movie on trakt's website, and have Emby reset my watch status on same series/movie on my server via sync.

A display of how many times a user watched a season could be useful as well

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

vdatanet

Op probably needs to do homework before requesting features already available.

I want to be able to select rewatch on a series/movie on trakt's website, and have Emby reset my watch status on same series/movie on my server via sync.

A display of how many times a user watched a season could be useful as well

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This is a Trakt plugin issue:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/76924-trakt-question-clear-watch-status/

... If I mark a watched movie in Emby as unwatched in Trakt, it's not marked as unwatched in Emby. It only fails here ..

We are still waiting for an answer.

In a competitor product, the playback history is saved instead of the date of the last playback (if you watch something 3 times, you have 3 records), but if you want to watch a TV show again and keep it “On Deck”, you also have to set it as unwatched and you lose all the playback history. I think it is complex to do in another way.

Edited by vdatanet
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...

I would like to request this too.

Would be great to be able to re-watch series and it appears on 'Next Up'

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
marauder

I’d love something like this. If I watch a show that I’ve already watched having the next episode show up in my up next would be great without having to mark the show as Unwatched as that messes up my watched data. 

• 3 years later...
carpenter2003

I know this is an old thread/topic, but I too would like some way to do this. I have numerous series that I will on occasion decide to binge watch again. In order to track my progress in "Up Next" you have to set the entire series to "Unwatched" which also seems to removes all previous "Played Date" information. I'm usually looking for this information when my wife starts complaining "You are watching that again!" and I need supporting evidence that it's been 2 years since I watched it last.   :P

It would be nice if there was a separate function to "rewatch" a series or movie. Or at the least retain any "Played Date" information in the logs/tracking information even when marking a show as unwatched.

• Thanks 1