Trakt "Reset Playstate" Sync To Emby

atomicmoon

atomicmoon

Part of a paid feature of Trakt is the ability to "rewatch" seasons or movies. I'm just not sure if this is being pulled into Emby, but this might be something I'm not doing correctly.

I want to say I successfully reset the watch status of a show via Trakt to Emby, but I can't recall clearly.

I do know, that currently, Emby is suggesting my next episode of "Law & Order: SVU" should be S12E3, but according to Trakt, (after I chose to "reset progress") I'm on season 1.

I know I could easily just uncheck my watch status via Emby, but I'm not sure if that will erase my history of ever watching it on trakt.

Steps I've done in order. Hoping maybe I'm doing something wrong in my execution.

1. on Trakt, choose "reset progress" 

5d70a9645ceb6_traktreset.png

2. on Emby, under Scheduled Tasks choose, "Import playstates from Trakt.tv

But as you can see, I'm currently watching episode 1x17, but next up is, 12e10, despite Trakt showing my next episode is 1x16 (I'm watching as I write, so this is accurate, just took this screen shot earlier)

5d70a9a96d4b8_embyreset.png

I have library scans automated on daily triggers and this has been happening for a few days now, so I believe I've given ample time to allow the system to figure out what's what.

I believe I'm not tainting my watched status as Trakt still shows the progress I desire to be at, despite numerous days of syncing progress from Emby to Trakt.

Trakt is accurately keeping track of episodes I'm watching.

Perhaps this is a paid feature thus not implemented? I'm not too sure.

I apologize on my ignorance, and appreciate any information on this. Thank you!

Emby and Trakt "Next up" features are different. What trakt is suggesting as your next episode might be different than what Emby is suggesting.

The important thing is, are the watch states for all episodes in sync between the two?

atomicmoon

Emby and Trakt "Next up" features are different. What trakt is suggesting as your next episode might be different than what Emby is suggesting.

The important thing is, are the watch states for all episodes in sync between the two?

By the very definition, yes they are. Trakt shows that I have 100% a season of X and so does Emby.

Thanks for clarifying though! That makes sense.

Perhaps what I need to do is take this to the request area and ask for a "Re-watch" feature. 

I wish I had some suggestions as to how that would work, lol, but I'll leave that to the experts!

Thanks, Luke. Appreciate the explanations along with the answers!