#1 raudraido OFFLINE  

raudraido

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Local time: 11:37 PM

Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:03 AM

Hi,

Maybe I'm blind but I did not found anywhere (ios app, web app and theather pc) a button which allows to skip playing chapter to next one, if they are defined. I see chapters all listed before I start the movie, but there is no way to choose or skip them while playing.  

• SikSlayer, skelleton and budokaiman like this

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156856 posts
  • Local time: 04:37 PM

Posted 05 September 2019 - 12:18 PM

Hi, yes we need to look at incorporating this. Thanks for the feedback.
  • raudraido and budokaiman like this

#3 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 51945 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 02:52 PM

Just FYI - the Android TV app does have visual chapter seeking during playback.

#4 raudraido OFFLINE  

raudraido

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 03:22 PM

Just FYI - the Android TV app does have visual chapter seeking during playback.

Oh yea, just tested with my TV. If it had just a skip-to-next-chapter as well, it would be perfect in my opinion. 

#5 Sammy OFFLINE  

Sammy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3530 posts
  • Local time: 01:37 PM

Posted 05 September 2019 - 06:57 PM

Maybe add it to the list here:

https://emby.media/c...ote-keymapping/

#6 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 51945 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:29 AM

Maybe add it to the list here:

https://emby.media/c...ote-keymapping/

The problem is what key do we use and do we add yet another set of on-screen buttons for it?  Given we have the visual seeking methods and the fact that skipping chapters probably only really makes sense in something like a concert DVD, I definitely don't think we add more OSD buttons.

Then you have the remote problem.  If we use the "next" button for next track/item, what do we use for this...?

#7 raudraido OFFLINE  

raudraido

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:40 AM

The problem is what key do we use and do we add yet another set of on-screen buttons for it?  Given we have the visual seeking methods and the fact that skipping chapters probably only really makes sense in something like a concert DVD, I definitely don't think we add more OSD buttons.

Then you have the remote problem.  If we use the "next" button for next track/item, what do we use for this...?

You can kill 2 birds with 1 stone here with Skip intro/skip chapter button. What I really need is to skip intro, but I figured when Emby already is capable working with chapters then Im asking this. 

#8 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 51945 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:55 AM

You can kill 2 birds with 1 stone here with Skip intro/skip chapter button. What I really need is to skip intro, but I figured when Emby already is capable working with chapters then Im asking this. 

Hi.  I don't have a remote with a "skip intro" button...

#9 raudraido OFFLINE  

raudraido

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:59 AM

Hi.  I don't have a remote with a "skip intro" button...

I don't know who hijacked my topic :), I originally did not mention AndroidTV app. I hope solution for theater and/or web app.

And it does not matter that you do not have that exact button. As I do not have Netflix skip intro button on my remote, but I still can use it

Edited by raudraido, 06 September 2019 - 11:01 AM.

#10 crusher11 OFFLINE  

crusher11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1462 posts
  • Local time: 04:37 AM

Posted 06 September 2019 - 12:17 PM

As someone who owns a lot of wrestling and sporting events, skipping matches and half time shows comes to mind.

Skipping chapters is also just a lot quicker than skipping forward or back in ten-second increments if you want to move a large chunk of the way along the timeline for whatever reason.

#11 Sammy OFFLINE  

Sammy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3530 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 12:34 PM

I think Netflix has the resources to create the EDL marker for the intros. Skipping them is not native in all files with a chapter marker. Implementation would require some work by the user unless there's something like MCEBuddy that can find the end of the intros and drop a marker in there?

#12 Sammy OFFLINE  

Sammy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3530 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 12:36 PM

Hi,

Maybe I'm blind but I did not found anywhere (ios app, web app and theather pc) a button which allows to skip playing chapter to next one, if they are defined. I see chapters all listed before I start the movie, but there is no way to choose or skip them while playing.  

Not sure for ET but in AndroidTV it is direction up and then the chapters show up in the OSD whereupon you can skip to the next or previous or any one of them you want.

#13 rbjtech OFFLINE  

rbjtech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 762 posts
  • Local time: 09:37 PM
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 September 2019 - 12:51 PM

I've often wondered how to get to defined chapter points ..  not a massive deal since the navigation thumbnails but one possible solution :-

>> Short Press = 5 Seconds Forward

>> Long Press = Next Chapter

<< Short Press = 5 Seconds back

<< Long Press = Previous Chapter

#14 Sammy OFFLINE  

Sammy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3530 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:46 PM

The problem is what key do we use and do we add yet another set of on-screen buttons for it? Given we have the visual seeking methods and the fact that skipping chapters probably only really makes sense in something like a concert DVD, I definitely don't think we add more OSD buttons.

Then you have the remote problem. If we use the "next" button for next track/item, what do we use for this...?

I use chapter skip all the time in recordings as MCEBuddy Mark's the commercials as chapters so I can skip over them.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users