Changing path to new location

denywinarto

denywinarto

There is no reason you can't just point to "N:\ANIMASI" as the items will only be nested in Folder view.

Network shares option is available on every folder you attach to a library.

Hmm i think i know what you mean, i should've pointed to "N:\ANIMASI" when selecting the folders.

Okay might as well  try it rather than messing the database..

So assuming my path mod scenario goes like this :

1. Edit the path of each movies in database using notepad

2. Remove the folders on each home media items, and create new single folder pointing parent folder

3. Add network path on each folder.

4. Done? Or anything else needed? 

Happy2Play

Hmm i think i know what you mean, i should've pointed to "N:\ANIMASI" when selecting the folders.

Okay might as well  try it rather than messing the database..

So assuming my path mod scenario goes like this :

1. Edit the path of each movies in database using notepad

2. Remove the folders on each home media items, and create new single folder pointing parent folder

3. Add network path on each folder.

4. Done? Or anything else needed? 

That sounds right.

As already mentioned where do you save images?  If you save with media, then you will need to update the paths in the Image column also.

denywinarto

That sounds right.

As already mentioned where do you save images?  If you save with media, then you will need to update the paths in the Image column also.

Sorry, its with the media, 

Ah! Now i see what you mean on your previous post.

I couldnt find the path to my library on image column because it was still in "loading" state.

But now after waiting all paths show up..

So.. like this?

1. Edit the path of mediaitems in database using notepad

2. Edit the path of images column in database using notepad

3. Remove the folders on each home media items, and create new single folder pointing parent folder

4. Add network path on each folder.

Happy2Play

Sorry, its with the media, 

Ah! Now i see what you mean on your previous post.

I couldnt find the path to my library on image column because it was still in "loading" state.

But now after waiting all paths show up..

So.. like this?

3. Remove the folders on each home media items, and create new single folder pointing parent folder

Sounds right

You will have to do the same for Playlists and Collections if you have any within  "*\Emby-Server\programdata\data\playlists" or "*\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections" as each xml will have the wrong path after you make the changes above.  

You can update the path and image column with link I provided earlier and just change the locations to reflect yours.

UPDATE MediaItems SET Path = replace( Path, 'N:\ANIMASI\Animasi_A-E', 'N:\ANIMASI' ) WHERE Path LIKE 'N:\ANIMASI\Animasi_A-E%';
UPDATE MediaItems SET Images = replace( Images, 'N:\ANIMASI\Animasi_A-E', 'N:\ANIMASI' ) WHERE Images LIKE 'N:\ANIMASI\Animasi_A-E%';
  • Like 1

denywinarto

Sounds right

You will have to do the same for Playlists and Collections if you have any within  "*\Emby-Server\programdata\data\playlists" or "*\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections" as each xml will have the wrong path after you make the changes above.  

You can update the path and image column with link I provided earlier and just change the locations to reflect yours.

UPDATE MediaItems SET Path = replace( Path, 'N:\ANIMASI\Animasi_A-E', 'N:\ANIMASI' ) WHERE Path LIKE 'N:\ANIMASI\Animasi_A-E%';
UPDATE MediaItems SET Images = replace( Images, 'N:\ANIMASI\Animasi_A-E', 'N:\ANIMASI' ) WHERE Images LIKE 'N:\ANIMASI\Animasi_A-E%';

Thanks happy2play, will give it a try soon and i will post my progress here.

Unfortunately it's not that simple for my library cause i will have to breakdown ANIMASI A-E into A, B, C, D and  E

btw off topic i thought emby couldn't do playlist yet?

i haven't made any because i thought it's not possible

Happy2Play

Thanks happy2play, will give it a try soon and i will post my progress here.

Unfortunately it's not that simple for my library cause i will have to breakdown ANIMASI A-E into A, B, C, D and  E

btw off topic i thought emby couldn't do playlist yet?

i haven't made any because i thought it's not possible

There is no need to do A, B, and so on.  Emby will automatically traverse those sub folder and not display them except for Folder view.

Only reason you would ever need to do all these sub-folders would be if your are going to restrict access by these folders per users.

On my stable server I have Z:\ServerFolders\Videos\Movies\A thru Z sub-folders but point my library to Z:\ServerFolders\Videos\Movies.

5d7310c8cc769_setup.jpg

****I guess the only exception would be if you have items in the parent folder that you do not want in Emby.

Playlist have always been a option in I believe all content types.  But they will appear in a Playlist library on Home Screen.  There is no playlist tab per library like Music.

Edited by Happy2Play

denywinarto

There is no need to do A, B, and so on.  Emby will automatically traverse those sub folder and not display them except for Folder view.

Only reason you would ever need to do all these sub-folders would be if your are going to restrict access by these folders per users.

On my stable server I have Z:\ServerFolders\Videos\Movies\A thru Z sub-folders but point my library to Z:\ServerFolders\Videos\Movies.

5d7310c8cc769_setup.jpg

****I guess the only exception would be if you have items in the parent folder that you do not want in Emby.

Playlist have always been a option in I believe all content types.  But they will appear in a Playlist library on Home Screen.  There is no playlist tab per library like Music.

I need it for automation purpose, plan to run a script with radarr to auto allocate movies based on first letter,,

And in order to do this i need to move the actual library path alphabetically..

Hmm odd i tried creating new media library but i'm not seeing any options to set playlist.

I thought it would be like kodi where you can create media based on smart playlist

denywinarto

Update : I did it this morning.

Updating the images column was pita indeed

But even after all that emby still re-fecth the metadata on client.

The posters are all blank again on emby theatre

Any idea why?

Edited by denywinarto

We may not have all of the answers as we haven't tried this exact procedure before. Nonetheless it's only a one time operation.

denywinarto

We may not have all of the answers as we haven't tried this exact procedure before. Nonetheless it's only a one time operation.

I did this :

Guess i'll wait again, will update when its finished scannng, hopefully there wont be any issue

denywinarto

Its finished, but there are some movies that uses screenshots from movie scene as poster.

But upon looking at those movie folders, they dont have movie.nfo yet so its probably been this way before i change paths.

So the conclusion is, this is not enough, emby still refetch the metadata 

I still plan to change the location path of tvshows after this, i've only done movies

any idea what else is needed?