Can I load the latest Beta on a ue50f6400ak

mbc0

Hi,

I have a ue50f6400ak and the only version that will load from the Samsung app store is 0.112 even though the final release should be 0.122 for Orsay.  The TV is on the latest firmware as I downloaded and installed it yesterday.

I tried to download the beta via sideload but I only get the option to view photos/videos when I insert the stick and the beta will not load.

Unfortunately the 0.112 app is completely unusable (spinning circle) 

Can anyone tell me my options please as just moved from Plex where this TV worked fine.

Thank you!

Edited by mbc0

FrostByte

No, the beta you see will only work on a 2015 or newer TV running the Tizen OS. 

As a temporary fix you could try the community app

No, the beta you see will only work on a 2015 or newer TV running the Tizen OS. 

As a temporary fix you could try the community app

Many thanks for your reply, what do you mean community app?

FrostByte

The community app was developed by a few users here before Luke and company started making the official app.  It isn't being actively developed any more, except maintaining it so that it still works with changes in server.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9869-samsung-orsay-smarttv-2011-2014-community-app-install-instructions/&do=findComment&comment=277345

• Like 1

FrostByte

I believe Luke has a fix for the spinning circle, he just has to get it through Samsung who is no longer supporting the older Orsay OS

• Like 1