Two bugs with new player interface

genro

genro

Hi Ebr,

Just wanted to report a couple of bugs.

If I have the new player interface enabled it cashes a crash when I try to FFW. I believe this is due to the fact that I use ffdshow for my decoder and the mediacontrol plugin (which enables ffw/rew mkvs) - I'm guessing there is some sort of conflict since FFW is now used by your interface. I copied the error information from the event log viewer below.

Also I tried disabling the interface and when playing a movie now, it plays but the movie detail screen stays in the foreground and never goes away. Obviously it didn't use to do this.

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          6/2/2014 8:43:01 PM

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      RD-PC

Description:

Faulting application name: ehshell.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bd053

Faulting module name: ffmpeg.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4edbd6f8

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000001ca886

Faulting process id: 0x%9

Faulting application start time: 0x%10

Faulting application path: %11

Faulting module path: %12

Report Id: %13

Event Xml:

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-06-03T00:43:01.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>21562</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>RD-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>ehshell.exe</Data>

<Data>6.1.7600.16385</Data>

<Data>4a5bd053</Data>

<Data>ffmpeg.dll</Data>

<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>4edbd6f8</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>00000000001ca886</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Edited by genro

The second issue I've fixed for the next release.

The first one, however, is ffmpeg crashing, not us.

genro

The second issue I've fixed for the next release.

The first one, however, is ffmpeg crashing, not us.

Thanks Ebr!

Yes, i am certain the crash issue is because mediacontrol also utilizes the ffw/rew buttons (in this case to enable those functions for files that don't natively support those functions). Is there a way to map your functions to different keys instead (or make it user configurable)? If not I totally understand

Yes, i am certain the crash issue is because mediacontrol also utilizes the ffw/rew buttons (in this case to enable those functions for files that don't natively support those functions). Is there a way to map your functions to different keys instead (or make it user configurable)? If not I totally understand

Sorry, no other key makes sense for the functionality I am providing.  Sounds like this new interface won't be compatible with MediaControl.  Hopefully, that will have limited impact since you won't need MediaControl anymore (with MBC anyway).

genro

Sorry, no other key makes sense for the functionality I am providing.  Sounds like this new interface won't be compatible with MediaControl.  Hopefully, that will have limited impact since you won't need MediaControl anymore (with MBC anyway).

Fair point the ffw/rew aspect wouldn't be needed via Mediacontrol. So (for me at least) the other major functionality that Mediacontrol provides is a GUI to select Audio/Subtitle tracks within the WMC player that let's me enable/disable/select subtitles/audio tracks from my remote. Any chance you could do that within Mediabrowser then?

Probably the only other thing that Mediacontrol does that would be nice is the auto-refresh setting to match your TV setting to your content (e.g. set tv to 24hz or compatible mode when playing a film vs a TV show that's 60hz etc). I personally don't use that functionality but I know that's been discussed around here as well.

Here is an image I found that shows the subtitle GUI:

selection.png?9707a5

Edited by genro

audigy

same here after the new interface disable the movie detail stayes in the backgrounf and have to press a button near the config icon to go to full screen

genro

same here after the new interface disable the movie detail stayes in the backgrounf and have to press a button near the config icon to go to full screen

Ebr mentioned he found/fixed this bug in the next revision FYI (talk about fast! :) )

Fair point the ffw/rew aspect wouldn't be needed via Mediacontrol. So (for me at least) the other major functionality that Mediacontrol provides is a GUI to select Audio/Subtitle tracks within the WMC player that let's me enable/disable/select subtitles/audio tracks from my remote. Any chance you could do that within Mediabrowser then?

Probably the only other thing that Mediacontrol does that would be nice is the auto-refresh setting to match your TV setting to your content (e.g. set tv to 24hz or compatible mode when playing a film vs a TV show that's 60hz etc). I personally don't use that functionality but I know that's been discussed around here as well.

I would like to but the reality is that I probably won't be able to implement all of that functionality.

So, if the FF and Rew are the only things that conflict, I may just put an option to disable them in my interface so that those that use Media Control can do that.

170 should fix the full screen problem and it adds an option to disable FF/Rew for Media Control users.

@@genro can you please test this out and see if it solves your issue?

genro

170 should fix the full screen problem and it adds an option to disable FF/Rew for Media Control users.

@@genro can you please test this out and see if it solves your issue?

Hi Ebr, happy to confirm that using that option does now allow ffw/rew to work as before using Mediacontrol.

The only slight issue is that you can set Mediacontrol to auto-detect multiple sub/audio tracks and if so to pop up a context menu that let's you select the ones you want. It still pops up the context menu but I think it must lose focus to the player. Meaning if I press enter to try to get into the sub selection menu, the new player receives that command instead of the Mediacontrol context menu pop-up. I can work around it but waiting and opening up the context menu manually (it's configurable within Mediacontrol, but I have it mapped to the "Green" button) and I am then able to navigate and select tracks as normal. Again not a major issue but I'm assuming its a focus/precedence issue when a video is first played.

Edited by genro

peter.v.b

that is exactly what I seem to use of it.

If i do not I get a blue frame around the serie I watch.

Is there a way around this so I can use this nice new interface?

@ebr: disable FF/Rew for Media Control users works for me to get the full screen again.

• 2 weeks later...
Deihmos

Are there any other options to select subtitles within Mediabrowser besides mediacontrol?

Are there any other options to select subtitles within Mediabrowser besides mediacontrol?

I don't know of any other way in Media Center.

Media Control requires the use of ffdshow, right?  I use a very simple LAV setup that works very well with no fuss.  Hardly ever use subtitles though.

techywarrior

Got a weird issue today. First time I used the new interface... I was watching a movie, pressed "pause" on my remote. The sound stopped but the pause graphic was flickering on and off and the counter and picture continued to stutter between play/pause.

Trying to reproduce it a few times resulted in normal behavior every time.

I wouldn't spend any time debugging (maybe just a cursory peek at your code) unless someone else reports the same thing. Since I can't reproduce it tho it's hard to know if it was WMC, MBC, the new interface, or something else that caused it.

Techy - I've seen something like that happen once or twice in all of my testing.  Never was reliably able to reproduce it to know exactly what was going on.  if you figure something out, let me know.

techywarrior

Ok, at least it was real then. If I can get it to happen again I'll let you know. I can't change versions on my production HTPC (fear the WAF) but any chance it could have been related to the first run of MBC since the update?

I doubt it.  More likely it is a timing issue with trying to manipulate the WMC transport.

techywarrior

ok, I know you said it shouldn't have anything to do with the first run after an update but I upgraded to 182 played a movie and the first time I tried to pause it did the flickery pause/unpause thing.

I exited MBC restarted it and tried again and every pause worked fine. But now that's two times that the first pause after an update caused the weird pause issue.