Emby server stops working

William LeDuc @gmail

Happy2Play

Are resources almost maxed out like shown above when this happens?

igeoorge

I completely cleaned up the database and removed all existing plugins today, 13/10 at 05:00 am and so far had no memory leaks.

I am using PRTG to monitor the server and it looks like it is normal.

Richard Branches

Are resources almost maxed out like shown above when this happens?

They're not and I uninstalled the server, deleted every single Emby trace in my hard drive and reinstalled it, but it's still crashing, what is going on? I'm suspecting it has to do with a recent Windows 10 update I received last week.

Richard Branches

Is there anything in windows event viewer about it?

I'm not familiar with it so what should I look for exactly?

Go into the application log of windows event viewer and see if there are any entries corresponding to the time you experienced the problem.

igeoorge

Hi @Richard_Branches

I believe I am about to find out about my problem with the memory leak.

Everything indicates that the problem is something related to the server cache.

In my case, I have many users and the amount is possibly doing this overload.
Edited by igeoorge

Richard Branches

I'm the only user so I don't think it could be the problem, at least not for me, however, I'm still waiting since yesterday for the server to crash in order to verify the Window Event Viewer for any information...

Richard Branches

I've been also monitoring the task manager and I've seen some high disk reading marks, some apps take some time to do anything because the hard disk is reading to something, it wasn't like that before, Windows 10 is so full of issues and bugs throughout updates, I still believe that recent updates have been breaking Emby.

Richard Branches

The server hasn't crashed anymore since october 17th and I don't know why, I'll reply back if it happens again.

Edited by Richard Branches

• 4 months later...
Luan kaique

Também estou executando o mesmo problema, o servidor trava ou para de funcionar após alguns minutos, tenho que sair do aplicativo para corrigi-lo me ajudem    Windows 10 Pro   i7 2600  8GB RAM no Windows Server 2019 acontece esse problema as vezes mas no windows 10 é você visualizar as capas muito rápido que ele derruba o Emby

Edited by Luan kaique

can someone help me ... the emby crashes all the time and I have to keep initializing the emby server

HI there, this log file is from October of 2019. Can you please provide a more recent one? Thanks.