Configuring Emby for Hauppauge WinTV-DCR-3250

SonnyMN
Go to solution Solved by SonnyMN,

Setup of device and cable card activation was successful. This is really a silicondust device resold by Hauppauge. The HDHomeRun windows app can tune and see channels.

Emby server on windows 7, can detect the device. I am using the emby guide line up for Comcast Digital (for my area) and the guide is configured to only link to the WinTV-DCR-3250 device.

I also have an OTA silicon dust dual tuner which is working fine and the OTA guide is also linked just to the OTA tuner.

Emby shows the cable channels and guide data ok, but when I select a cable channel from the "guide" page I get an hourglass spinning and the content never comes up.

When I use the "Channel" page of Emby some of the cable channels work and some hourglass ... I am only selecting channels I pay for with Comcast.

I believe the Emby Guide mapping is all wrong. When I pick a non-HD cable channel (guide data is empty) I get the HD channel viewing correctly ... the guide data is empty. See attached screenshots and logs.

I have tried Emby guide and schedulesDirect guide and get very similar results.

See the embyserver log (with debug) for the line

2019-09-01 20:47:09.589 Info LiveTV: Streaming Channel hdhr_804

This is a successful tuning and viewing of a cable channel 804 (no guide data) listed as non-HD in the guide and channel line up.

Then I did the same thing with the 804 HD channel (with guide data) and there are errors .... looks like it is trying to tune using Windows Media Center ....

I removed the media center plugin and this resolved the issue. I guess you cannot use the media center plugin and a native emby cable tuner at the same time.

Hardware Model

WinTV-DCR-3250 Firmware Version 20150826 DTCP-IP DTCP 1.7-SD20140607 WMDRM-NDT WMDRM 10-SD20130219 Memory Report 64 MB SDRAM, 2 MB Flash   Power Status Active Boot Status Booted Device ID 20200487 MAC Address 00:0D:FE:88:00:48 IP Address 10.0.0.96 Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

post-386024-0-41165200-1567386274_thumb.png

hardware_detection-63702965735.txt

embyserver.txt

Edited by scotthahnmn@gmail.com