Live TV crashing / not tuning into channel AFTV

myknas

Fire tv home : 6.1.7.0-713
Software version : fire OS 5.2.7.1
Emby server : 4.2.1.0
Application : 1.7.40a

Morning. Wonder if you can add some assistance on an issue I have been having. Recently bought an hdhomerun dual tv tuner. Installed this into Emby and added the guide via the setup. All channels are present and when it works it’s fantastic

Issue I have is sometimes when playing the channels on the fire tv 4K box connected via Ethernet it freezes or does not load the channels.

The issue I have are.

• From the guide I select a channel. It loads then freezes straight away

• From the guide I select a channel, it never displays any image just a black background with the spinning blue wheel. Have to exit to main fire tv home screen and force stop the application.

• From the guide I load a channel. It never loads but still shows the guide then briefly at the bottom says “channel not available” or “unable to tune into channel at this time”

In the application, direct stream in Not enabled, and the startup is set to fast. With this on normal it makes no difference.

After a bit of googling I updated Emby server to the latest version (was only 1 behind). Checked firmware on both amazon and hdhomerun boxes. Removed and reinstalled the Emby application on the Amazon Fire Tv.

My nas is a qnap Ts5453 pro. Streaming of all other Emby media is ok. Nas is connected to 2 x 1gb ports on my switch. Amazon box also connected to 1gb port. Sadly the hdhomerun only runs on 100mb FD :(

Any ideas where I should start looking.

Mike.

Edited by myknas

Okay, I don't really see any problems there.  Can you please cause the problem and then immediately send a log from the app?

Instructions in the same doc above.

Thanks.