Why aren't music videos listed in a person's page?

Paulshelling

Paulshelling

Hey guys,

It seems a bit silly, especially since one of the types for People is Composer. Is this going to get addressed?

Paulshelling

Thank you Luke, it just seems a logical step, and personally it would mean the world as I have actors with music careers already created as People

Happy2Play

Isn't that the point of the Artists field in the metadata editor for Music Videos?  As I manually add the artist to this video.  But I guess you are still limited to what a provider gives you as this example does not have a composer on TMDB.

5d69b334ca68c_test2.jpg

Paulshelling

The problem is, as I can see, People show normal videos, Artists show music videos.

Clicking Brian Johnson, in your example, would not show any of the music videos he's involved in; likewise, clicking AC/DC would not show you any videos related to the band that aren't music videos.

In my case, I have several artists who are also actors, because of this I have two instances of the same person, both as an Artist and a Person. This becomes an issue when, after clicking on one of these actor's names whilst browsing movies or series, i cannot see thier music videos or even find a link to an Artist page. And yes, this is after even after going the extra step and adding them as Person to the song.

I think the problem i'm having is, Emby sees the Artist and Person as seperate entities, so there's no link between them, which can be fine in the case of bands but not singular artists. i'd argue even in the case of bands, there'non music video videos that would be useful to display such as interviews or vlogs, which you may have in different library.

Artists and people are separate entities, yes. We can add music videos for people for the next release. Thanks.