Failed to run the package service

Paulshelling

Paulshelling

Hey guys,

I've been using the Emby server for around a year, however as of last night i'm suddenly getting the message in the title of this post. The only thing that's changed is that I had a partition failure that I quickly fixed by choosing the repair option.

I've tried restarting so now it's looking like I have to reinstall?

This is pretty devastating as I have several different folders with unqiue settings, histories and user accounts and have no reference point to recreate them - is there at least anyway I can backup everthing up without being able to run the server?

Thanks

Paulshelling

Okay update.

I noticed there were other apps to update which I usually ignore as I don't use them. Given the circumstances, however, I hit the update button and went on with my morning. Coming back to the Synology screen, I noticed a message saying one of the apps failed to run as they was a lack of space on my second Volume.

I freed up over 1gb of space and was about to leave again but decided to press to open Emby for no real reason and IT WORKS. It took a while to load as I got a page saying the server was loading and to be paient however soon after everything appears to be working again.

I feel super lucky.

Now that i'm in, how can I backup everything in the event that something like this happens again but I have to reinstall?

• 3 weeks later...