Show adjusted recording times in scheduled recordings

bizarro252

bizarro252

Hello!

I noticed on my tv guide app on my phone the start time of a football game for tomorrow pulled in by 30 minutes.  Even Google seems unaware of this change as of this moment so I can't really expect Emby to pick it up.

However, I modified the recording start time by asking it to start recording 35 minutes early and it would be really nice if on the schedule this modification was shown - thoughts?

Would be awesome if the recording showed: "Thu, Aug 29 7:25pm (-35 minutes) - 11:00 pm" or something similar.

Thanks!

5d6749f0b664b_1.png

5d674a01cd117_2.png

• Like 2

Exactly as emby. If we start adding padding time it will make the schedule confusing because it doesn't correspond to the guide. An option could be like the poster has indicated -35 or a line showing the pre and post padding underneath the recording button "35 mins pre-padding, 0 mins post-padding".

That is highly unusual for something to start early I have it 2 minutes early just in case my pc time is a bit off.  

Edited by denz

bizarro252

Ya, its happened twice in the last week here (where a game starts earlier than the guide in Emby states) but even Google is wrong (so don't think thats Embys fault :))...so might be my local channels being weird/updating start times at the last minute...  But that game above that shows starting at 8pm, here is the TV guide on my phone app, which so far has been accurate.  Its end time is even weird...

5d67667777a45_Screenshot_20190828213929.

5d676753639f7_5.png

Edited by bizarro252

maegibbons

I quite like the "-35" display idea as OP described. Certainly the original scheduled time should NOT be altered or modified in any way.

Krs

Mark

Would be awesome if the recording showed: "Thu, Aug 29 7:25pm (-35 minutes) - 11:00 pm" or something similar.

To me, the above is ambiguous.  When is the recording actually going to start?  7:25 or 6:50...?  See what I mean?

bizarro252

To me, the above is ambiguous.  When is the recording actually going to start?  7:25 or 6:50...?  See what I mean?

Agree, as others have stated the original times should not be modified and continue to be shown so maybe something like this:
"Thu, Aug 29 8:00pm (-35 minutes, 7:25pm) - 11:00pm"

Just include the modification to the times in the summary.  Right now I have to go in to the settings and confirm it took what I asked for it to do, and I am left feeling unsure if it really understood/accepted my request to start the recording early.

So if you adjusted both start and end it would show something like this:
"Thu, Aug 29 8:00pm (-35 minutes, 7:25pm) - 11:00 pm (+30 minutes, 11:30pm)"

Just something to show the actual behavior of the recording, including the modifications requested by the user.
Edited by bizarro252