upgraded episode is being removed from view in Kodi

jimbobjones

jimbobjones

Noticed this numerous times with different tv shows, but only just reporting it.

Happens when an episode has been downloaded and seen in Kodi, and then if you d/l a better quality release or a repack for that episode - it then disappears from Kodi altogether.

In this case, I upgraded a tv show from 480p to 1080p (episode 15). It then disappeared. It is visible in Emby.

Attached is the log, the only line I can find relevant is:

21:57:27.294 T:13236  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.core.tvshows -> Skipping stacked episode Episode 15 [12030]

kodi.log

Edited by jimbobjones

jimbobjones

Episode 15 is still hidden, and will be until I either Reset local Kodi database, or change the filename and import it again or something.

Another episode will be upgraded today, so the same thing will happen again (assuming Kodi sees the first first release prior to it being upgraded).

Edit: yep, Episode 18 was hidden tonight as well.

Edited by jimbobjones

Angelblue05

Do both episodes exists in the server at the same time at one point? Or is the first episode deleted, then the new replacement is added?

jimbobjones

Do both episodes exists in the server at the same time at one point? Or is the first episode deleted, then the new replacement is added?

I'm not sure - I suppose I should have added that I am using sonarr. I am not sure how sonarr handles replacing an existing episode with another one. But like the log shows in the OP, the episodes are being skipped.

Did the same thing with episode 166 (s06e17)

-Download 480p using sonarr

-Load Kodi so kodi can see it

-Download 720p using sonarr

-DIsappears from Kodi with this in the log 08:50:22.039 T:6224  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.core.tvshows -> Skipping stacked episode Episode 166 [12405]

Edited by jimbobjones

• 1 month later...
jimbobjones

Still happening.

Thing is, you can easily miss that it has happened. I have TV shows sorted by most recently added in Kodi. I noticed that there was a tv show right at the top with 1 new episode, but I was watching some other shows. A better release was automatically downloaded, and when I went back to the TV listings that show had been pushed to page two as the 'stacked episode' was removed. I had to trace back which show it was and fix it manually.

Edited by jimbobjones