Live TV randomly exits

tdiguy

tdiguy

I recently started having issues with live TV randomly exiting the show back to the guide, sometimes back to the emby home screen. This is on all of my mi box devices but the PC app does not have this issue.

embyserver (1).txt

Edited by tdiguy

tdiguy

I did not take down the time. I will try to keep an eye out for next time it happens. Tough part is that my wife primarily watches tv and just complains that "its not working fix it" whenever virtually anything happens.

bitteronthefruit

I noticed if I'm watching something for a long extended period of time like over an hour, it will do this. It will exit the program and take me back to the guide. It seems to be about an hour or two.... more noticeable watching four hour sporting events.

Netflix will prompt you to see if your still actually watching a show and not let it run in the background. I though this was the same?

I noticed if I'm watching something for a long extended period of time like over an hour, it will do this. It will exit the program and take me back to the guide. It seems to be about an hour or two.... more noticeable watching four hour sporting events.

Netflix will prompt you to see if your still actually watching a show and not let it run in the background. I though this was the same?

No, we will always present a dialog and let you keep the show running if you have that feature on (and it shouldn't happen in the middle of a long program).

PristDean

I am now experiencing a dialogue popping up 'Is anyone still watching?"... shortly before it exits live TV to the guide. Can't seem to locate a setting to switch this off.... Emby or Android Shield ?

I am now experiencing a dialogue popping up 'Is anyone still watching?"... shortly before it exits live TV to the guide. Can't seem to locate a setting to switch this off.... Emby or Android Shield ?

Hi.  That is a feature you enabled in the playback settings for the app.

All you have to do is press any key on the remote and playback will continue.  Or, turn off the "Still Watching Prompt" in the app settings (and realize that someone can then start an infinite stream from your server).

Ahh... thanks for the clue.... 'Runaway playback prevention'.. got it. 

What version of what app are you running?

Client: 1.7.43g

Server: 4.2.1.0

Are you using a language other than English?

I'm asking because we changed the name of that option a while back.

Thanks.

PristDean

English (United Kingdom).

I have unticked that setting on the app on my Shield box. Will let you know later if that does the trick, but it does promising to me.

OK so the only reason why Live TV is exiting is because of that dialog. Is that correct?

I think that is the case for Pristdean but not the OP of this topic.

PristDean

Just a thought for the OP.... I have seen random drop outs once in the past and it was caused by an IP address conflict on my network. Have you checked for this on your network ?

• 3 weeks later...

Ahhh thank you!!! That's been driving me nuts. I found how to turn it off, even though I see the desire for runaway playback protection. Is there a way now, or in the future, to change the time interval for asking? I haven't been timing it, but it seems to be every half hour to hour. Which is REALLY annoying during football games as they typically last 3 hours.

Ahhh thank you!!! That's been driving me nuts. I found how to turn it off, even though I see the desire for runaway playback protection. Is there a way now, or in the future, to change the time interval for asking? I haven't been timing it, but it seems to be every half hour to hour. Which is REALLY annoying during football games as they typically last 3 hours.

Which app?  The TV apps will only prompt you on a program change so it would never happen in the middle of a scheduled football game.