Full Screen Exclusive Mode in the works at all?

A8HTPC

A8HTPC

Just wondering if this is in the works at all? I think this would help with dropped frames and stuttering issues.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
tmservo

Is there a way, even without exclusive mode, to make this auto-start in full screen mode?   I had not planned on having a keyboard or mouse in the theater, but it always starts in a windowed mode, not full screen

Koleckai Silvestri

You can run any Windows application full screen by right-clicking its icon and setting it to open maximized in the properties. It doesn't need any special programming. 

Danee

I like the way this was handled in Windows Media Center, pressing the green button on the remote when in the main menu would result in maximizing the application, smart thinking. Something similar would be nice.

tmservo

You can run any Windows application full screen by right-clicking its icon and setting it to open maximized in the properties. It doesn't need any special programming. 

Of course.. however, I'm having it auto-start with Windows 8.1.. it autostarts when the computer logs in, but I haven't been able to get it to auto-start maximized.   It auto-starts windowed.

Being able to open from an icon wouldn't be bad.   I'll have to look into it, maybe instead of telling it to auto-start I can just create a shortcut in the startup items and have it listed as full screen.  I'll try that next

djwhite

tmservo, you should just be able to open MBT, maximise it, then close it (while still maximised). Next time you start MBT it should load in fullscreen. This is how I've got mine setup in a windows 8.1 environment.

• Like 1

AdrianW

I was just about to type that MBT always starts in the same mode as I left it in previously, when @@djwhite beat me to it. 

tmservo

I was just about to type that MBT always starts in the same mode as I left it in previously, when @@djwhite beat me to it. 

Ah.  OK.   I think I know what's going on.   I'm having to output two HDMI signals from my Media Center, because one is set to 4K (for my projector) and the other goes to the receiver (for audio).  I think it is probably keeping the maximized window at 1080P instead of 2160P.   I'll fool around with this some more tonight

• 2 years later...