recording directory/media library

SeekingWisdom

SeekingWisdom

I am a very new to emby.

I have a DS918 and have installed Emby, connected the HDHomerun, associated channels, can watch live TV.

Ok - so what I really want to do is record shows. 

I went to library and "add media library" of the type "TV shows".  My assumption was that when I recorded a live tv show it would go into "TV shows" media library.  So I recorded a couple shows and they were recorded and you can watch them.  However they were not put into  the "TV shows" media library I created.

I have been searching through the forum for a topic like "how to set up DVR" which would include where to put the recorded TV from the DVR but have not found it.

My first question is does such a forum topic exist and can you please post a link for me.

My next question is what is the purpose of the "TV shows" media library (i.e. what do you put in it if not recorded TV shows)?

My next question is where do the recorded live TV shows go and where do you set this information?

My last question is what is a good place to put recorded live TV shows?

Not sure if this is relevant but I use Roku to actually watch the shows.

Thanks in advance.

SeekingWisdom

I did not.

When I click on "Live TV" /DVR (in the "Manage Server" page) I see "Default recording path (which is blank), "Movie recording path" (which is blank) and "Series recording path" (also blank).

Is the proper thing to do to go to Library and click the 3 dots on "TV shows" / manage library to copy the path under folders and paste it into the "Default recording path"?  Should I do the same for "Series recording path"?  Is it better to separate them and if so why?

It sounds like you want to leave default blank and just fill out the series recording path. Please let us know if this helps. thanks.