New setup of Emby crashes computer on restart

mskenny

mskenny

I bought a new computer, an Intel NUC with an embedded Radeon graphics processor, to run Emby.  I've installed Emby and it runs but after installing an add-in it requests a restart.  When I restart Emby from the dashboard or from the system tray, it initially seems to be working but then causes a hard crash of the computer.  I have to hold the power switch in to get the machine restarted.  I've tried updating the graphics driver.  I will try installing as a service and restarting but I wonder if I will have the same issue.  I've attached the logs I have.  Thanks.

embyserver.txt

embyserver-63701884743.txt

embyserver-63701906971.txt

embyserver-63701907689.txt

hardware_detection-63701884622.txt

hardware_detection-63701906999.txt

mskenny

Further testing: I turned off hardware acceleration and did a shutdown. This was successful. Then I started Emby from the Start menu and the computer crashed again.

Have you run diagnostics to check for a possible hardware failure? If the entire machine is crashing that is usually what you should be looking at. That or possible corruption in the OS.

mskenny

I've tested various things without an issue and ran the machine for 3 days before I tried to install anything.  I will see if I can get some diagnostics or just return the unit.  I was wondering if there is anything indicated in the hardware detection logs that might point to an issue. Thanks.

The hardware detection logs just tell us what graphics cards are detected for hardware transcoding purposes. It's not really going to help with this. Have you checked windows event viewer?