Cannot login on Android App at all

lordvandad
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

lordvandad

Hi. I know this is a frequently asked question, but I couldn't find the answer at all. And sorry if its a long passage.

I downloaded Emby on macOS and Android. I could easily sign up and do login in my mac device (iMac).

it opens chrome browser and everything works. My library folder is in a folder in my iMac and has synced perfect. When mac app is logged in, the android app easily recognize that i have a server and perfectly connects to that and i can see my library and play everything.

The problem, as you my guess, is that when the mac app is not running, the android app does not login at all. I have an account and I want to be able access to that on any device when i provide username and password. 

Besides, when i choose Add Server on android, i don't know to enter what IP. in my emby dashboard it shows to IPs but only the LAN works, and it only works when mac app is running.

What if I am in another city and want to login?!!

:(

Edited by lordvandad

Hi, the Mac app is your personal emby server. It needs to be running in order for other apps to be able to connect to it. Just curious but what were you expecting it to do? We don't copy your media to any cloud servers. It always comes from your personal server.

• Like 1

lordvandad

Hi, the Mac app is your personal emby server. It needs to be running in order for other apps to be able to connect to it. Just curious but what were you expecting it to do? We don't copy your media to any cloud servers. It always comes from your personal server.

Thank you very much for answer. :) Actually no I didn't expect that  :D  but i just wanted to ask to know if there is a way.

I'm a new user, so i don't know much yet.

For another question, I haven't test it yet, but so what if I want to use the same library on windows? Are these two ways right?

1. the mac app must be running again and connect windows to it.

2. create a whole new user for windows and copy the same library files and scan again and make it a server?

Briefly, does this mean the main server is where the files are?

Sorry if this questions are silly  :D  :)

Edited by lordvandad

• Solution

You could do a separate server on Windows but for most people that will be over-complicating things a bit. I would suggest picking one or the other as your main Emby Server and having all of your devices stream from that.

But yes, that does mean the machine will need to be on and Emby Server will be running in order to do that.

• Like 1