Metadata - Identify

mrfaulk

mrfaulk

when i add movie folders to the library emby seems to have a tough time identifying a lot of the files, even a lot of mainstream movie files like the matrix, posters are just solid colors... however in most cases if i play the movie the metadata is then correctly populated, posters appear, and everything is fine.

i'm in the process of migrating from plex to emby and have just added 2 of 25 folders, and am wondering if there's something i can do to make sure emby identifies the files out of the gate instead of me having to play the file in order for emby to apply the correct metadata? thanks!

Edited by mrfaulk

Happy2Play

Every setup is different, 2 of 25 folders does not give much context when there could be thousand of items in each folder.  Ultimately the items should be complete upon a library scan completion.

What is the library structure?

What is the folder and media naming scheme?

mrfaulk

thanks for your responses... it appears that it;s just taking a while, 20+ minutes, but if i want to rush it i just play a movie then it becomes populated, so it seems there's a buffering or caching thing going on, i.e. it's getting the info, just slow to paint...

Happy2Play

Actually it also sounds like you do not have "Download Images in Advance" enabled so they only populate on demand.  This is a per library advanced setting.

Edited by Happy2Play

We'd have to look at an example, but it depends on what features you've enabled, and the recent outages at moviedb and tvdb might be playing a role.