waking server up?

kalg

Hi all wondering if anyone can shed some light on this question.. And that is how do i wake the server pc from a sleep state from the client pc running emby desktop app in windows 10 (once the client goes to sleep mode) ie wife is watchin morning tv (server pc goes sleep after 30min of idle ness) , wife then puts client pc sleep then pops out for say hour (this is just an example) so when she returns server and client is sleep so she press power on the client wakes but dosnt wake the server ie dosnt send the magic packet to wake it how do others that use the desktop app of theater in there lounge htpc to wake their server any help on would be great

hope i explain it ok.

Edited by kalg

Hi, there is a menu option on the server selection screen of emby theater to wake the server.

Ah i see and just tried it and it worked, bit off a back and fourth method for family to get use too was hoping of a more seamless ie without signing out and waking server and connect to it again will there be a time where you make it send the magic packet automatic (so when emby client pc in lounge wakes from sleep state its on the home menu (so any chance off sending the magic packet auto once the pc wakes from sleep state so its more family friendly (At mo im using mediaportal and thats getting a bit old now ( And wanted to try emby),but as it stands its the only htpc frontend (so far) that sends the magic packet where you just continue where you left off so to speak)

but for time being i get family to try it has it is at mo

thanks

Edited by kalg