Photo

How to Configure NextPVR Plugin in Emby?

nextpvr dvr plugin emby plugins

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 arrbee99 ONLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2925 posts
  • Local time: 10:16 PM
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:48 AM

No idea, only use my Shield as a client and don't possess a Mac anything.

#22 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 137604 posts
  • Local time: 05:16 AM

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:42 AM

We haven't added restart from the web interface yet on the Shield. You can just shutdown and then start back up manually.

• dtcpro likes this

#23 emveepee OFFLINE  

emveepee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:12 AM

Nextpvr is a program for playing live tv, so you need the NextPVR program installed but unfortunately its a Windows only program (for now). If you have a Windows machine available you could install it on there, get it running, assuming you have a tuner and then use the plugin in Emby to allow the NextPVR program to communicate with Emby.

Are you using a tuner or using iptv ?

NextPVR v5 beta is pretty solid on other platforms, like linux, macos, docker now so it is mainly feature enhancements before the release.  I am testing the HDPVR and analog on linux right now and it is super.

Users would have to install the Emby beta plugin manually too, but that is only because I haven't had time or desire to figure out that next stage of packing it for release.

Martin

• dtcpro likes this

#24 dtcpro OFFLINE  

dtcpro

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Local time: 04:16 AM

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:34 AM

Okay thanks for all the help you guys....Up and running!!! Since I was having problems getting my Nvidia Shield to accept the XML EPG I decided to get out my old Windows laptop and install an Emby server. I did and the IPTV M3U and EPG worked fine on server on Windows 10. So I knew the files were good.

Now back to the Shield server with no guide showing up. I tried a couple more things. I removed the Emby Guide I was using for my HDHomerun tv source on the same server. Still didn't help. Now I decided to remove HDHomerun as a tuner on the same server. Rebooting after each change....nothing....my IPTV even though I was refreshing and let it sit overnight still would not show up on my Shield server.

I decided to uninstall my Emby Server completely from the Nvidia Shield.

I reinstalled everything and the EPG is on there working. Took about 2 hours I think for the guide to populate.

So I have not decided whether to reinstall my HDHomerun and the Emby guide back on that same server, but I probably will just to see if the two tuners (M3U & HDHomerun ) can live together. And more importantly can my IPTV EPG and Emby Guide will work together.

From success springs a NEW HURDLE. I have discovered TV Guide Channel management is impossible with 2500 channels with no way to categorize etc... with current tools that I am aware of.  Unless there has been a new development I was looking around on the forum and ran into several post where people have the same issue with no apparent fix or work around in sight. So far on my Emby journey I have missed a lot of Fixes and Tools hidden in plain sight that thanks to others and mods on this site I was made aware of. It would be great if that were the case in this instance...so speak up if it is...please.

I am very pleased with Emby at this time except for the Guide management thing. I have no plans to try Plex or others at this time unless I can be shown that they are hands down better than Emby and then I might give it a try....

#25 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 137604 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:37 AM

We plan to improve our channel management features in future updates. thanks for the feedback.

• dtcpro likes this

#26 arrbee99 ONLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2925 posts
  • Local time: 10:16 PM
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:00 AM

Not sure if this https://emby.media/c...-live-tv-setup/ might help. Possibly a similar situation.

Also having a look at stuff relating to something called xteve. Might help. Or might not.

Am actually beginning to be glad I've got so few iptv channels...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nextpvr, dvr plugin, emby plugins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users