movie.nfo

firewater
Go to solution Solved by firewater,

firewater

Hello. I'm trying to switch from Plex, and my workflow follows the formatting of "movie.nfo" for each movie subfolder. It seems this is not supported by Emby Sever, instead employing "filename.nfo". Is there any way to change this?

firewater

Cool! I really thought it wasn't. Well I tried adding a single movie folder as my sole library, to test things out, "/Volumes/Media/Media/Video/Movie/2001 - A Space Odyssey". This folder has "2001 - A Space Odyssey.mkv", "poster.jpg", "fanart.jpg", and "movie.nfo". The .nfo follows the guidelines of Kodi (what I use to access), but has reduced metadata tags to only the ones I use. So its contents are:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?><movie>
<originaltitle>2001: A Space Odyssey</originaltitle>
<title></title>
<sorttitle>2001: A Space Odyssey</sorttitle>
<plot>Humanity finds a mysterious object buried beneath the lunar surface and sets off to find its origins with the help of HAL 9000, the world's most advanced super computer.</plot>
<director>Stanley Kubrick</director>
<year>1968</year>
<country>United Kingdom</country>
<country>United States</country>
<genre>Science fiction</genre>
<tag>Slow cinema</tag>
</movie>

But when I go access the movie, there's no metadata whatsoever for it. What setting should I tick when configuring the media library so that it reads "movie.nfo", "poster.jpg", and "fanart.jpg", and downloads no online metadata?

Happy2Play

Going to need more context   As I added your nfo listed above into a library and added images, with all metadata downloaders and image provides disabled.

5d59f00646131_test.jpg

I honestly thought the formatting would fail but it didn't.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?><movie>
Edited by Happy2Play

firewater

Thanks for the throughout help guys, I appreciate it. I've removed the config folder for Emby and setup the server again to start this from 0. When adding the media folder, as content type "Movies", I left the default settings. I'm then prompted to the homepage of the server, see the bar scanning the media library disappear as it reaches 100%. Now, when I go to look up the movie from the browser, it's not using my local metadata. Only the fanart is the same, but it's probably because it coincides with the one it retrieved from the online DB it scrapped in place of the local files. I changed the plot description and so on to append the word TEST like in the example above, and it's not showing up. Extra genres too. I take it that this works as shown by your posts, but I don't know what setting I'm missing so that it's not.

The only other file on the folder is mpv.conf which passes some configuration to a video player for this movie, but I took it out and the same thing happens.

5d5a14f646652_SunAug18231630042019.png

5d5a150724573_SunAug18231634042019.png

I've also tried enabling advanced settings and disabling all online scrapping options when adding the media library. I can't seem to upload the resulting image, but basically it's the movie without any metadata whatsoever. All fields empty, no poster, no fanart, just the title.

Edited by firewater

• Solution
firewater

Ok! I've figured out what it was. The folder structure was wrong. I re-added a library by using the main movie folder (""/Volumes/Media/Media/Video/Movie/") instead of the path to just this one movie ("/Volumes/Media/Media/Video/Movie/2001 - A Space Odyssey"). Everything is now retrieved correctly, I believe. It makes sense of course, but I originally didn't do it this way because I wanted to test out with just one film so I could make sure Emby wouldn't overwrite files and so on.

• Like 1