Feature request - Smarter playback

thefirstofthe300

thefirstofthe300

Most of my video files I transcoded myself. When I did, I transcoded almost all of the files to contain the original best quality audio track as the default audio (usually ends up being AC3 or DTS) and a second AAC audio track for better compatibility with mobile devices.

Currently, the app selects the default track of any movie I play as the track it will stream, meaning by default almost every video in my collection is played using a transcoded AC3 track instead of the already existing AAC track. I know there is the advanced play option to select the audio tracks but I would think making the app smarter to at least select the audio track most compatible with the device being used as the default track to stream would be fairly straightforward. Leaving the advanced play option though would be a must. Any chance of this becoming a reality?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Redshirt

There's many factors to consider when selecting an audio track. The language, if any, the user selected in the server for example should also be taken into account. I agree audio selection should be smarter.