Question about my VPN

smturg
Go to solution Solved by smturg,

Hello!

Please excuse if this comes off as neophytic. I am trying to connect to my local server. I installed the download on my computer, and I see it running. I have set up folders in the library and added content. However, when trying to login at app.emby.media or on my Roku TV app, it fails. On the TV, it just endlessly cycles. On the app.emby.media page, I get the error "We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again."

I have already followed all of the steps on https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Connectivity - I have also uninstalled/reinstalled the server itself. Still having trouble connecting on my local connection. I also tried using another connection and the remote access link; nothing.

If it helps to try to diagnose the issue, I'm not seeing a local IP address at all on the dashboard. It just has the port # and the remote access IP address/link.

If it helps, I do have premiere.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by smturg

I tried both opening the port (8069) and attempting connection, and then turning it off entirely and attempting connection. Neither was successful.

For what its worth - there's no LAN ip address listed at all. Only the WAN. I've attached an image for reference.

I've also tried with firewall off - no change.

5d58717feb996_WAN.png

Edited by smturg

• Solution

Hi Luke,

Sorry for the trouble. I had a VPN installed that was masking the device on the LAN. Changed a few settings to remove this mask, and it was fixed. Emby is working now.

I appreciate your attention to my issue! :)

• Like 1