Issue Recently with the latest Update

Mad Man with a Blue Box

Mad Man with a Blue Box

If any of this is unclear I apologize in advance, I tried to include as much information as I could.

Emby tried updating to the latest version about a week ago 4.2.1.0 it was trying to update to, during that time my alerts (via push bullet) and the Android app both kept telling me there was a need to reboot the server because of a recent update. However every time an alert came through it was the same software version it said it had just updated to, even though it was actually still showing as the old version. So, a day or two passed and everything seemed to be fine, the server finally seemed to have updated, at least I stopped getting alerts about it needing to be restarted.

But now I have no access to the server at all except for a few brief moments after it first loads.

For example, I start fresh with the computer just turning it on, I load Emby server and see the icon appear, it is running, but then when I navigate to the web interface I am lucky if it loads the main page for a few seconds and then freezes when trying to go into any folders or open any media.

If I then close the browser and go into the web interface again i just get a standard browser error page saying this site can't be reached (url in the browser is http://localhost:8096/web/index.html#!/home.html).

I cannot access Emby via my Android app either as that says the server is unreachable.

Two days after this started happening I noticed that Windows 10 had an update and needed me to reboot to finish it, so I assumed that maybe had caused something to go wrong and it would all be ok once I rebooted, but the problem was still there afterward.

The only other change that has occurred to this computer in the last week was the update of Emby to the latest version.

I have also tried rebooting Emby server dozens of times, even shutting it off completely and opening it again, I even tried downloading a fresh copy from the website and installing it over the top of my current install.

None of that made any difference, Emby still only lets me into the web interface for 10-20 seconds at most before the page stops loading and won't let me go into any of the media folders within the Emby web interface, I just see the black background with the colored spinning circle to signify it was trying to load. If I refresh the browser page or load it fresh I get the site can't be reached error again.

It's the same with the Android app, I get it loaded if I open it several seconds after first running the Emby server but then after that all the pages freeze on loading screens and the app fails to connect if I close and reopen it.

I checked the Emby logs folder and see that there is a currently in use file for today but prior to that there has been no log files created since 8/10/19, in the log file it says server version was 4.2.0.40 on the 10th, before the attempted update to 4.2.1.0 and I see multiple log files of only 1kb similar to embyserver-63701019533.txt attached, alternating with log files similar to embyserver-63701019522.txt about a dozen of these on the 10th then nothing else until embyserver.txt today.

Any thoughts?

embyserver.txt

embyserver-63701019522.txt

embyserver-63701019533.txt

Edited by MilsonHQ

• 2 weeks later...
Mad Man with a Blue Box

Still no luck getting anything to work, closing the whole program and loading it again gets me into the server web interface for a few moments, but not long enough to do anything or use the program.

It appears the program is still running and doing things in the background even if the app and web interface cannot actually connect and load anything right.

Anyone have any thoughts?

dredd1963

Hi regarding your Android device, I have the same issue sometimes. I find that rebooting your hub/router allows your device to connect to your server.

Mad Man with a Blue Box

I find the same, but only for 5-10 seconds and then the app stops working again.

Exactly the same with the web interface too, a complete close of the server program and starting it up again will get everything working for about 10 seconds or so at the most, then everything freezes and stops working. Refreshing the browser page then produces an error that the site cannot be reached.

This only started happening after the latest update which seemed to have not worked at first but then finally installed.

I have tried everything I can think of but it has all been down for over 3 weeks now. Short of removing it all completely and starting from fresh I am at a loss as to what I can do, I would prefer not to have to do that as I have a large assortment of media files in many different folders with lots of custom meta info added for the videos, some of which I no longer have full access to the information anywhere else other than within Emby.

Please try uninstalling these plugins, then restart the server and see if the issues persist:

2019-08-16 08:50:47.022 Info App: Loading CoverArt, Version=4.1.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\My User Folder\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\CoverArt.dll
2019-08-16 08:50:47.022 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.PushBulletNotifications, Version=3.1.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\My User Folder\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\MediaBrowser.Plugins.PushBulletNotifications.dll
2019-08-16 08:50:47.022 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLord, Version=19.8.3.1105, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\My User Folder\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLord.dll
2019-08-16 08:50:47.022 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLordMovies, Version=19.8.3.1105, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\My User Folder\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLordMovies.dll
2019-08-16 08:50:47.022 Info App: Loading PeopleBackup, Version=1.3.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\My User Folder\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\PeopleBackup.dll
2019-08-16 08:50:47.022 Info App: Loading playback_reporting, Version=1.6.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\My User Folder\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\playback_reporting.dll
2019-08-16 08:50:47.022 Info App: Loading statistics, Version=2.0.10.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\My User Folder\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\Statistics.dll
2019-08-16 08:50:47.022 Info App: Loading VeraHomeAutomation, Version=1.0.1.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\My User Folder\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\VeraHomeAutomation.dll
2019-08-16 08:50:47.022 Info App: Loading XmlMetadata, Version=3.3.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\My User Folder\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\XmlMetadata.dll

• 2 weeks later...
Mad Man with a Blue Box

Please try uninstalling these plugins, then restart the server and see if the issues persist:

2019-08-16 08:50:47.022 Info App: Loading CoverArt, Version=4.1.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\My User Folder\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\CoverArt.dll
2019-08-16 08:50:47.022 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.PushBulletNotifications, Version=3.1.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\My User Folder\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\MediaBrowser.Plugins.PushBulletNotifications.dll
2019-08-16 08:50:47.022 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLord, Version=19.8.3.1105, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\My User Folder\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLord.dll
2019-08-16 08:50:47.022 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLordMovies, Version=19.8.3.1105, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\My User Folder\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLordMovies.dll
2019-08-16 08:50:47.022 Info App: Loading PeopleBackup, Version=1.3.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\My User Folder\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\PeopleBackup.dll
2019-08-16 08:50:47.022 Info App: Loading playback_reporting, Version=1.6.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\My User Folder\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\playback_reporting.dll
2019-08-16 08:50:47.022 Info App: Loading statistics, Version=2.0.10.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\My User Folder\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\Statistics.dll
2019-08-16 08:50:47.022 Info App: Loading VeraHomeAutomation, Version=1.0.1.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\My User Folder\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\VeraHomeAutomation.dll
2019-08-16 08:50:47.022 Info App: Loading XmlMetadata, Version=3.3.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\My User Folder\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\XmlMetadata.dll

Thanks for the suggestion, it took me a while to get it to go in and stay working long enough to uninstall each plugin and I'm not sure which plugin finally did the job (or what order I did them in) but after the first 3-4 I removed everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks again!