Sync jobs

lorac

lorac

As per the settings in the emby app all I want is to download the media as is so I can watch it on a different device. Emby wants to convert the media first which is just a waste.

Server log attached.

embyserver.txt

lorac

I feel it's a problem because if I want to download a season / episode etc the server wants to convert my mkv to MP4(?). I don't need / want the conversion and it consumes huge server resources. Most of my library is x265 mkv and downloading it now is really not possible. I can understand why people might want to convert media. When downloading it offers a few options and I'd just like the original quality w/o conversion. 15 hours later and one season of Arrow is only 20% converted.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

lorac

Some months ago i downloaded S01 & S02 of Arrow to my Kindle (2017) tablet. No conversion was required. The episodes play fine apart from some minor video glitches. I've also downloaded various shows to my OnePlus 6 w/o issues before. This morning i tried to download S03 and it's almost at 22% for convert media almost 18 hours later on a core i7 9700k.

I always select original video quality regardless of whether or not my device can play them.

These are HQ x265 bdrip and file sizes are probably over 1GB each.

I just want to download the original copy from my server to the device as per the download/ sync settings.

Using the APK for kindle from a couple days ago as Amazon doesn't allow emby to be installed on newer devices (at least for me).

It sounds like you selected a conversion profile and then original video quality, which does not guarantee that no conversion will happen. What you want to do is select original format as the profile.

lorac

A conversion profile where?

When I select sync it's just the device and the quality. Quality is set to original.