Vimeo Channel Plugin

Logos302

we're doing our best to get them to work with MBC. Unfortunately WMC is a 10 yr old player and doesn't really handle on the fly transcoding very well.

they work great in all other clients that support them.  In MBC, it is a work in progress and we improving it with each release.

jordy

@@snazy2000,  just updated MBS to the latest beta 3.0.5306.42925. Uninstalled vimeo removed the .xml from the plugins\configuration folder to make sure of a fresh start. Re-installed vimeo, set the access password and....  still the same. Cannot play any videos in the Vimeo plugin. Any other ideas?

snazy2000

Im looking in to it. I think vimeo may have changed there website so the plugin may need re making :/

snazy2000

I'm using the api but the api doesn't return the video file so have to do fetch that from a different url which seemed to have changed. :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Redshirt

I think this plugin needs an update to work with current server builds. Running a video through the PlaybackManager now produces a NoCompatibleStream error. it was working a few weeks ago and it's been a while since the plugin was updated. I had a quick look at the plugin source and it looks like MediaSources aren't being created when the videos are initially scraped..

Actually this is because some vimeo videos can't be embedded with the public api key but unfortunately we don't find that out until play time when we query vimeo for the actual video URLs. What you see while browsing is just the metadata and at that point we don't have that information. The error message isn't great but that's a side effect of trying to normalize ask these different sources

Redshirt

That's disappointing. It's unfortunate that it's out of Emby's control because it's almost all videos (that I've tested) that won't play. Maybe the plugin should be nuked until things change. Thanks for looking regardless.