Continue Playing not working

clarkss12

clarkss12

First off, I wish to thank @@Angelblue05 & @@sualfred for creating this fantastic addon and skin for Kodi.  

My issue, is when I am playing a video, and I stop it after a length of time, the "continue watching" pops up and stays there for a few seconds then disappears.  IF I can catch it when it pops up for the few seconds, then I have a menu to select to start watching from where I left off.  IF I don't catch it within a few seconds, I have to start watch that video from the beginning.

Here is the Kodi log frompastebin >>  https://paste.kodi.tv/edonujesot

Server log 1 >> embyserver.txt

Server log 2 >> embyserver-63701126721.txt

Hardware detection. >>  hardware_detection-63701126790.txt

There is NO ffmpeg log created.  

Also, when I am playing a video, it does not show up under the dashboard.

I am running the Emby server under CoreELEC running on a Beelink GT-King Android box (Amlogic S922X).

Angelblue05

In the addon settings > sync options > playback mode, set it to native. Ignore the reset prompt. Does it work then?

I see your playback attempt. However it does not seem to be a plugin path but you have addon playback enabled. If you wish to use add-on playback mode (where the add-on controls what happens at playback time) then you'll need to enable that mode and reset your local database and resync your content.

For maximum compatibility with other kodi plugins, native playback is the way to go.

Edited by Angelblue05

clarkss12

In the addon settings > sync options > playback mode, set it to native. Ignore the reset prompt. Does it work then?

I see your playback attempt. However it does not seem to be a plugin path but you have addon playback enabled. If you wish to use add-on playback mode (where the add-on controls what happens at playback time) then you'll need to enable that mode and reset your local database and resync your content.

For maximum compatibility with other kodi plugins, native playback is the way to go.

Setting the playback mode to native solved that issue............ Awesome as usual....... thank you.

It also solved that other issue where the action is not showing up on the server.

Coffee on the way!!!!!  Enjoy!!

Edited by clarkss12
  • Like 1

clarkss12

Continue watching stopped working again.  Play back mode is still set to Native (direct paths).  The server is running on an Android box, (running CoreELEC as the OS) and connected via Ethernet.  My media is stored on different storage devices on my network.  This particular instance, the media is stored on my Synology NAS.

For those that don't know >

LibreELEC/CoreELEC (short for "Libre Embedded Linux Entertainment Center") is small and very fast booting, open source JeOS (Just enough Operating System). ... LibreELEC works on most computers and you can install Kodi on the Raspberry Pi as well as a few other selected single-board computers and media player devices

Edited by clarkss12

Angelblue05

You may want to repair your libraries where you tried to play content. Since you had addon playback mode enabled and content you tried or has updated since your did the initial sync might be malformed.

When switching the playback mode it requires a database reset because the path system changes completely.

clarkss12

You may want to repair your libraries where you tried to play content. Since you had addon playback mode enabled and content you tried or has updated since your did the initial sync might be malformed.

When switching the playback mode it requires a database reset because the path system changes completely.

Ok, doing a Kodi reset now.

After the reset, my in progress media showed up........  Looks like that did the trick, 

Edited by clarkss12
  • Like 1