HOW TO UPDATE EMBY IN WINDOWS?

sitea

Hi, I'm new. Try emby on linux and windows. In both it worked very well.

But I have a doubt, I don't find anywhere how to update emby in WINDOWS.

The update button seems active when I access my Emby administrator user ... but when I click on it and NOTHING happens.

Does anyone have a link to see the steps or a video? ... to update emby in WINDOWS.

help me with windows .... Thanks.

----------------------------------------

With Linux, I had no problems. I write the lines in the console and it updates itself.

josenightbreed

Hi, I'm new. Try emby on linux and windows. In both it worked very well.

But I have a doubt, I don't find anywhere how to update emby in WINDOWS.
The update button seems active when I access my Emby administrator user ... but when I click on it and NOTHING happens.

Does anyone have a link to see the steps or a video? ... to update emby in WINDOWS.

help me with windows .... Thanks.

----------------------------------------
With Linux, I had no problems. I write the lines in the console and it updates itself.

It just takes some time, click the update button and when you least expected it will say to reboot the server to finish applying the updates

rechigo

I found that for me the update button didn't appear to have done anything, so I restarted the server and it updated fine

Happy2Play

I found that for me the update button didn't appear to have done anything, so I restarted the server and it updated fine

I had the happen on a test machine updating to 4.2.1.0.  It never showed pending installation only the Update button.  But restarting installed the new version.

Ok what happens is that it kick starts the process but doesn't give you any visual feedback. That's why you think nothing is happening. It only alerts you when it's completed and the server is ready to be restarted. We can improve on that. Thanks.