4.2.1.0 Update?

GrimReaper
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

GrimReaper

Howdy all,

Running Win server 4.2.0.40, Automatic Updates are enabled, 30 minutes ago server updated to 4.2.1.0 (together with Nfo metadata plugin), server restart - and following screen appears:

post-314621-0-32899500-1565286828_thumb.jpg

Hm, still on 4.2.0.40, lets update again, click Update now, get following message:

post-314621-0-61336500-1565286942_thumb.jpg

Ok, restart - back to 4.2.0.40 and same Update now message (as visible from Alerts section):

post-314621-0-64005700-1565287087_thumb.jpg

Few more tries, no change, here I go, Community. :/

Any advice?

Cheers, 

Grim

Something must be holding a lock on the server's folder, preventing the update. Try shutting down the server, then running the installer from the website on top of your existing version.

• Like 1

• Solution
GrimReaper

Something must be holding a lock on the server's folder, preventing the update. Try shutting down the server, then running the installer from the website on top of your existing version.

Thanks for quick reply, Luke. Yup, you were right, switching off server and running installer returned this:

post-314621-0-24232800-1565288039_thumb.jpg

System reboot, update from Dashboard, all peachy:

post-314621-0-86649500-1565288070_thumb.jpg

Thanks again.

Cheers

• Like 1

BillOatman

I had a similar situation.  Got the "restart to upgrade" message. Selected restart emby server from the tray menu After the restart, no more message but not upgraded either.  This happened a few times. So the next time instead of restarting the server that way, I exited the server via the tray menu. Then restarted it manually.  It took the upgrade that time.  Seemed to be the restart server not working for the upgrade for me.  Windows server.

Happy2Play

Most of the time it is the browser itself that is holding the system folder open so the upgrade can not happen (especially if you are on localhost:port).  Closing the browser or just the Emby tab and restarting from system tray should work or close the tab once you hit restart on the Dashboard.

adamthayer

Ok, this is going to sound pretty stupid, but in the interest of being thorough...

I've noticed that when I run an update from inside Chrome, when it returns to the dashboard screen, it still shows the old version and the message to update. If I force a full reload of the page (shift + reload), it shows the correct information. As far as I can tell, it's something inside the browser pulling the cached version.

Now that I run it on a dedicated machine, the server update is my reminder to reboot the computer as well, so it can install any Windows updates, hahahah.

• Like 1

ESO223

I'm thoroughly confused. I have many of the same issues presented here and have tried everything, including restarting the server, and running from the installer, but it doesn't seem to download anything for 4.2.1.0. The installer just sits at the downloading screen, the rest of my network/internet is working fine. Just making sure there's not an issue with the installer hosting side and it not downloading?

I would just be patient and allow the download to finish. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

ESO223

Following up, it did eventually work and download even though I never say the progress bar move. Took about 30 minutes to finish up.