Shows not Showing Seasons

jburgess
Go to solution Solved by jburgess,

jburgess

Hi all,

I have a strange one.

I will give you one example of some issues I am having with TV shows. 

Lib - TV

Show - King Of Queens

Now this is a show I always chuck on shuffle in bed, last night when I went onto the show, all the seasons we're missing. They have been there for ages with no issues. 

I ran a refresh metadata / replace all and this did nothing. 

I restarted my Emby server. No result. 

The naming convention is correct.

As a test, I selected play from the Shows main page and it did start to play s1Ep1 (season 1 is missing). However, the episode was black screen but the audio was there. 

I have checked the folder where the show lives and all seasons and episodes are there and sonarr can also see that they are all there. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It sounds like something in the file structure changed to throw things off.

Look for new video files that may have been added in the root folder of this series, etc.

jburgess

Hi Guys,

I have tried removing the show and re adding it and it's still now working. Installed Plex and ran a scan and it's picked the seasons up with no issues.

It's odd as emby will say play next episode but the episode it displays doesn't have a season folder.

I could really do with this one sorting.

Try removing the series from your library, then running a full library scan of all libraries to flush it out, and then adding it back.

jburgess

Yes, also, this morning I removed my whole TV lib rescanned. Rebooted the server. Added the library and it's still the same. As mentioned. Plex seems ok. Plex however sucks.

Happy2Play

What is the episode naming scheme as the image hide it?

Sounds like the other topics with some sort of database issue.  If you move that series to a new location and create a new library, does that series work?

• Solution
jburgess

So, 

I use Rclone VFS to Mount mt Gdrive. 

The location for my data is 

/data/TV

I added the path

/mnt/path/destination (Which is the same location, just another way to get there) and it added in the missing series. 

Odd.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

This could be a database path quirk as seen in other topics where a path for some reason stops working in that current database.  When applying a different path things start working again. 

But the real question still remains on why the original folder path stopped working properly?