Android client doesn't like some MP4 files

unisoft

unisoft

I have some MP4 videos (high profile, 4mbps H264, 320kbps AAC) that play fine on Emby Theatre, LG APP, Web App and other players like Windows Media Player, VLC, MPC-HC, Windows Media enter.

On Andriod - they keep stuttering during playback.

Its NOT bandwidth as other higher bit rate files are fine.

What I noticed is that I encoded these videos some years ago and forced widescreen by using 1024x576 resolution instead of PAL 720x576. They are still 25 frames, progressive. I have around 500+ of these videos and I did it originally because many players (including Samsung native TV player o H series) could not respect an anamorphic flag and persisted to show as 4:3 ratio.

Normally, I would set 720x576 and use the anamorphic flag. The flag tells a compliant player to use 1024x576 display resolution. In essence they are both the same thing just one is hard coded, and the other is a flag only.

The Android Mobile app does not like this resolution. Is this because you don't expect this resolution when parsing command lines to players? Can it be fixed at app level? As I said many other players perfectly fine and show video as intended.

unisoft

Hi, can you provide a sample video for testing? thanks.

Ok, Ill get some offending videos and upload and let you know.