HTTPS very slow when in internal network

hvt
Go to solution Solved by hvt,

• 2 weeks later...

I think that this is the best answer. Not correct but right. It helped me. It was resolved fully. The problem is still there but before there was a gray overlay when starting the stream. It wasnt there anymore after activating the reverse proxy. The stream sadly still does not start.

Next steps I'll take: Throw away the old and clumsy apache and swap with traefik or nginx. Unfortunaly emby docs do not provide preconfigured files for this. I really cant figure out why this issue exists. It works fast on the same url, same browser, same device, same user, same reverse proxy when accessing it from the outside of the LAN. Currently I am using Emby Theater for streaming as the Web UI is not usable. Other: Looking for possibilities to get into the code/logs to search for bottlenecks more granularly.

• 4 months later...
  • Solution

For everyone having similar issues.

Also @@Justy

5e1458bbb3e14_eAwdKEC.png

After setting up a local DNS server and directly pointing the DDNS address to the local ip it works. Before the IP was resolved to the public ip like it does when doing it from the outside world.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
NErdgOd56
On 1/7/2020 at 5:10 AM, hvt said:

For everyone having similar issues.

Also @@Justy

5e1458bbb3e14_eAwdKEC.png

After setting up a local DNS server and directly pointing the DDNS address to the local ip it works. Before the IP was resolved to the public ip like it does when doing it from the outside world.

thanks for the meme and the fix this was messing me up for a day. just added 192.168.1.1 (back) to my advertised DNS list for DHCP lol

On 6/16/2021 at 10:12 PM, NErdgOd56 said:

thanks for the meme and the fix this was messing me up for a day. just added 192.168.1.1 (back) to my advertised DNS list for DHCP lol

Thanks for the feedback.