Shield Android TV App User switching issue

GrimReaper
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

GrimReaper

Howdy all,

I have two servers running, Shield server (main) and Win 10 server (secondary), and lately Shield Android TV App is misbehaving for reasons unknown:

Whether on Shield server or Win server, User cannot be changed by logging out, both Logout and Switch Server commands take me to same Select Server screen and regardless which server I choose I get logged as an Admin, although in the App settings Startup behavior  "Show Login Screen" is selected. Only way to switch user is Manual Entry IP and port (regardless is it Shield server or Win server), that takes me to Login screen and User can be chosen, which quickly gets old.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sa3QgUKb2L2cy-bC1FdmWEteTt5Loi1J/view?usp=sharing

Cheers,

Grim

Edited by GrimReaper76

GrimReaper

Similar topic here, although for another App:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/75923-cant-switch-user/

And I'm unclear about  @@ebr "...You cannot switch users on the same server with Emby Connect because that is a direct link to a specific user...." as I was switching Users normally until yesterday and still CAN do same on Android Tv app on my Sony Bravia, but not on Shield.

• Solution

Hi.  On the app where you are having this problem, did you log in via Connect?

Is there a "Logout of Connect" button on your Settings row?

• Like 1

GrimReaper

Hi.  On the app where you are having this problem, did you log in via Connect?

Is there a "Logout of Connect" button on your Settings row?

Yup, that solved it, Logout still takes me to Select Server screen but Login Screen appears once server selected - that's fine enough for me. Thanks.

Edit: Curious, tho, that same Android TV App on Sony television behaves differently: Logout takes me to Login Screen (with all Users listed - as I reckon it should) of particular server I was last connected to and Switch Server takes me to Select Server screen?  

Cheers.

Edited by GrimReaper76

Yup, that solved it, Logout still takes me to Select Server screen but Login Screen appears once server selected - that's fine enough for me. Thanks.

Edit: Curious, tho, that same Android TV App on Sony television behaves differently: Logout takes me to Login Screen (with all Users listed - as I reckon it should) of particular server I was last connected to and Switch Server takes me to Select Server screen?  

Cheers.

Sounds like you weren't signed in with emby connect.

GrimReaper

Sounds like you weren't signed in with emby connect.

On Shield yes, on TV no. Now I'm signed out of Connect on both client Apps, and they behave differently: Shield "Logout" command takes me to Select Server screen (same as "Switch Server" command from settings row) and once particular Server is selected I get Login screen (as I said, one extra click is completely fine with me), while TV "Logout" command takes me to Login Screen and "Switch Server" command takes me to Select Server screen (as one would assume is the correct behavior). Same platform, same App, same version - different results.

Cheers,

Grim

Edited by GrimReaper76

GrimReaper

Do the same servers show up in both apps?

Yes, both servers show in both apps.