Edges of logos being cut off

crusher11

Happy2Play

Can you zip up the logo from  your first post and attach it here? thanks.

You can see the issue in post 21 as it is limited specifically to the logo image type.

I used the image directly from first post. 

• 2 weeks later...
SikSlayer

It's still happening. I just got some new logos from fanart.tv for a few titles I have that didn't have them before, and they're all cropped.

This is a long standing bug too.

Happy2Play

It's still happening. I just got some new logos from fanart.tv for a few titles I have that didn't have them before, and they're all cropped.

This is a long standing bug too.

We have to wait for what comes in the next release.  But specific examples are needed.

crusher11

I've installed the new beta and the ABA logo is fixed but the AFL logo still looks exactly the same as before.

SikSlayer

We have to wait for what comes in the next release.  But specific examples are needed.

I posted right after 4.4.0.5 was released, whose changelog addresses it. There's SOME differences, but overall, the issue still remains.

So I posted that it was.

• 1 month later...
crusher11

There was only one update that claimed to fix the issue, but it only fixed some of the problem logos. Nothing has been done since then has it?

Happy2Play

I've installed the new beta and the ABA logo is fixed but the AFL logo still looks exactly the same as before.

How about a example, as I don't see a issues with the AFL logo from post 8.

5e4c632805e1c_test.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Surely they should all be using the same image though?

But every client will have its own display method.  I would post an example of the the specific issue and in what client.

Surely they should all be using the same image though?

It could be cached either locally (on the TV) or on the server.

If it's cached on the server wouldn't it display incorrectly everywhere?

No because we cache very specific versions of items (otherwise, there really isn't any point to a cache :)).

Happy2Play

There is no way the cached image for TV is the same size as the image for a PC or mobile device.  Have tried deleting the \cache\images folder?

crusher11

I hadn't, because I have no idea how it works or what's in there. Done it now, I'll check the TV later.

Should I be cleaning the cache folder out regularly? I'm browsing through it and the very first image in cache\remote-images is a poster I'm not even using, so there's no reason for it to be cached at all. There's also cache\temp which includes a few posters from a couple of months ago and nothing else...

I've actually been going through recently and updating all my posters to make sure they're good quality, correct ratio, and where relevant match the Blu-ray or DVD art. When I initially set my server up I just used whatever image was easiest, but some are very busy old posters cluttered with random text, some are the wrong aspect ratio, and others I just picked out because the specific DVD or Blu-ray art on my shelf wasn't an option. With that all there as a placeholder I'm now going through and spending more time with Photoshop and my scanner to refine everything. So there's probably a lot of things cached now that just don't need to be (or at least, would have been before I deleted it just now).