Does a EmbyLibrary support symlinks?

CChris

CChris

Hi,
this is something, that came up in my mind today - but I haven't had the time to try this out... so just wanted to ask, if someone can tell me, if this kind of setup COULD be possible :)

I having a couple of very OLD Sci-Fi Movies and TV Shows.

Each of them are in their Movie / TV Shows Library.

Now, I would create a new folder like "Sci-Fi Classics" - and symlink the files from the Movies and TV Shows folder where the original media is stored into this folder.

In Emby, I would create a "mixed content" library, pointing to this "Sci-Fi Classics" folder as a new Library.
I wonder, if Emby would be able to detect the tv shows and the movies based on the Symlinks... in this new library...?!

Edited by CChris

CChris

that's an idea :)

I will first try to use symlinks, and if it does not work I will try it with strm files.

The Idea behind the Symlinks was basically, that I do not need to create something for each single file (example TV Show episodes) - Instead, I would just create a symlink to the folder of the TV show.

But it seems, that it does not work with symlinks...

Edited by CChris

CChris

hm... so stupid :-/
Why haven't I thought, that I could just do that by creating a collection for these items?
That's basically exact, what I wanted to acheive, except, that it isn't a dedicated library...

Now, it would be interesting, if I could create a second "Collections" Library, where only my " ... Classics" collections are in e.g. "Sci-Fi Classics", "Horror Classics", ... but not the Auto-Created Box Sets...