SYNC Kodi boxes

rsvp

Hi,

Just checking if anyone else has the same issue.  My server syncs with xbox, android, windows, basically everything except my main TV's that all run on single board kodi boxes. It has been a nightmare now forever.  I am wondering if anyone else has the same issue?  Or if there are any known solutions.  I have been on the kodi device part of the site and seen problems with sync.  And asking similiar questions.  But it doesn't seem to be overwhelming problem for most.  I generally run openelec on 2 rasp pi and 2 odroid c2.  same problems on all of them.. Doesnt update shows viewed and things like that. cant mark as played ...

Thanks

each device shows different episodes to play in same series.  Nothing syncs.  Server shows current episode being next, but no devices do.  Kodi 4.1.2 -4.1.9 tested today. doesn't sync to server like other devices do as mentioned above. I  have seen other threads on this. I am just looking for common denominator why this happens with kodi and no other deives.  Is it freenas server? Or is it the plugin and doesnt matter where you host the server.  Kodi doesnt mark episodes as played..Over the last year freenas has not been a good place for hosting, but lately it finallly has been updated to a newer version, 4.1.1.0.

Edited by rsvp

Angelblue05

Can you provide your Kodi log capturing this issue? We can first look at the watched status.

Also, is this when Kodi starts up that it doesn’t update or even when Kodi is already running?

This was moved from the freebsd forum.  It wont achieve what i was looking for here as I think this has been broached now for months in other threads in this forum- not syncing.  And I am still not sure if the plugin works for any server. But Was trying to find out specifically for freenas.  It hasn't sync since changed since freenas 9.3 stopped being updated.  Then emby changing paths.  Doesnt matter if resetting, running or rebooting it doesnt sync  to other kodi devices but all other platform work.  over reinstalling kodi plugins etc beta stable.. redoing server etc. i can deal with it not updating..  Wanted more insight then please post logs etc and wait for updates. etc.

Edited by rsvp

Angelblue05

Look, I understand you are frustrated. I am here to try and help find the issue. I don’t know of any other user who has reported such an issue.

Please provide your Kodi log. Let’s first look at watched status. Play something in Kodi as you would to recreate the problem. Post your Kodi log. Thanks.

This was moved from the freebsd forum.  It wont achieve what i was looking for here as I think this has been broached now for months in other threads in this forum- not syncing.  And I am still not sure if the plugin works for any server. But Was trying to find out specifically for freenas.  It hasn't sync since changed since freenas 9.3 stopped being updated.  Then emby changing paths.  Doesnt matter if resetting, running or rebooting it doesnt sync  to other kodi devices but all other platform work.  over reinstalling kodi plugins etc beta stable.. redoing server etc. i can deal with it not updating..  Wanted more insight then please post logs etc and wait for updates. etc.

Hi, it should work just fine. There is no specific freebsd issue with the sync process. We need to look at your issue in detail using the logging information requested above. Thanks.