Emby for Kodi: Issue with year sort order on collections

Nazgulled

Nazgulled

I have created a "Marvel Cinematic Universe" collection in Emby and added all MCU movies to that collection. Looking at the collection in Emby they show up sorted by the year the movies were released, great so far. However, looking at this collection inside Kodi - using Emby for Kodi plugin to sync everything - the movies are not properly sorted. To be honest, I don't even understand this sorting order, it feels random.

My Kodi view settings for this collection are:

• Viewtype: Wall
  • Sort by: Year
  • Order: Descending

I have other collections and they have the same exact problem. I've triple-checked the metadata for these movies directly in Emby and also looked at the .nfo created next to the video files but I can't find any inconsistencies, all the dates are correct.

Am I doing something wrong?

Angelblue05

Can we look at a specific example? Can’t say that I see this issue, movies are ordered by years on my side. Is this a shortcut with movies are mixed with boxsets? Or it's just your list of sets?

Edited by Angelblue05

Nazgulled

Can we look at a specific example?

Do you mean screenshots or something else?

Is this a shortcut with movies are mixed with boxsets? Or it's just your list of sets?

Not sure I understand what you mean...

This is a collection I manually created in the Emby web interface and I manually add each movie to that collection. This Emby collection will be synced to Kodi as a "box set" and show up in the middle of main Movies screen in Kodi, when I open that box set, the sort order is random and doesn't respect the "year" option.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok I just mean can we look at specific movies example within a single boxset that has this issue? What is the year value in the metadata editor? Do they all have the year value filled, etc?

Because I do not see this on my side, so trying to figure out what could cause the random order even if year is selected.

Edited by Angelblue05

Nazgulled

I just opened Kodi, double-checked the view settings and they were sorted by year and ascending.

Below is a list sorted in the order they were displayed on screen with triple-checked metadata in the metadata editor:

• Ant-Man
    • Date added: 07/14/2015
    • Release date: 07/14/2015
    • Year: 2015
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp
    • Date added: 07/04/2018
    • Release date: 07/04/2018
    • Year: 2018
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron
    • Date added: 04/22/2015
    • Release date: 04/22/2015
    • Year: 2015
  • Avengers: Endgame
    • Date added: 04/24/2019
    • Release date: 04/24/2019
    • Year: 2019
  • Avengers: Infinity War
    • Date added: 04/25/2018
    • Release date: 04/25/2018
  • Black Panther
    • Date added: 02/13/2018
    • Release date: 02/13/2018
  • Captain America: Civil War
    • Date added: 04/26/2016
    • Release date: 04/26/2016
    • Year: 2016
  • Captain America: The First Avenger
    • Date added: 07/22/2011
    • Release date: 07/22/2011
    • Year: 2011
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    • Date added: 03/20/2014
    • Release date: 03/20/2014
    • Year: 2014
  • Captain Marvel
    • Date added: 03/02/2019
    • Release date: 03/02/2019
    • Year: 2019
  • Doctor Strange
    • Date added: 10/24/2016
    • Release date: 10/24/2016
    • Year: 2016

This is two rows of movies in the Kodi's default skin in wall view. If you look closely, movies are actually being sorted in alphabetical order although I've checked many times the "Year" option is selected. I just noticed that "Date added" is also an option to sort the movies and that one sorts the movies properly. And that's actually what I want otherwise movies with the same year will probably have a secondary alphabetical sort (which is not what I want).

I might just use that "Date added" option instead and leave it at that, however, "Year" feels like it's buggy.

Edited by Nazgulled

Angelblue05

@@Nazgulled

The only thing I can think of is that you are looking at the version of your library that is not synced to Kodi. If you launch emby for kodi, does the movie library say "Dynamic"?

Nazgulled

@@Nazgulled

The only thing I can think of is that you are looking at the version of your library that is not synced to Kodi. If you launch emby for kodi, does the movie library say "Dynamic"?

Where exactly can I check that? I'm not sure what you mean... Can you post a screenshot?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

With Emby for Kodi you can optionally sync your libraries.

What I'm asking is if the movie library is infact synced or if you are viewing the dynamic version, which just pulls the listing from Emby to be viewed, without the content being added to Kodi.

It's in the same place where you find all the Emby for Kodi options, such as manage libraries, cache all artwork, reset the local database, etc. You should see a link to your Movie library, does it say (Dynamic).

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/tips#context-menu-for-libraries

Angelblue05

Then I am really not sure what it could be. If ever you want to pause for this cause, can you send me your kodi log with add-on debug on, not Kodi's. In the webclient, select one boxset with this issue, 3 dots on all the movies > edit metadata > save. This will trigger an update event in Kodi containing the metadata info... wait a few to grab the log. Hopefully it'll become obvious why the sort order by year isn't working for you.

Edited by Angelblue05