Where to start?

JoshFink

JoshFink

Have I totally missed the thread where it talks about where to start and what to do? This totally could be as sometimes I overlook the obvious. 

I have experience with MB, I have experience with XBMC. However looking through the forums and reading basically got me to the point of I need to install the addon, configured it, I then installed the Skin Repo. Co

Josh

xnappo

Yeah... Not good sorry about that.

1. Install XBMC

2. Install the XBMB3C Repository: http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/xbmb3c-repo/repository.xbmb3c-1.0.2.zip

3. Install the XBMB3C AddOn from the repo

4. Install a skin from the repo - I recommend Confluence to start as it is best configured for XBMB3C out of the box

xnappo

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 2

JoshFink

@@xnappo, no worries at all. Totally my fault for jumping in..  :)  I just wanted to see what you guys created and test it out on my OpenElec XBMC

I've done all of the above. What do I need to do to get my Libraries to show up? 

Thanks for the help. I hope I'm not repeating other threads as I did search first. 

elcabong

in the skins there is an option to enable "MB3 mode" or "xbmb3c".  once enabled you should have library/features.

• Like 1

JoshFink

in the skins there is an option to enable "MB3 mode" or "xbmb3c".  once enabled you should have library/features.

I think this is what I missed.... Thanks

JoshFink

I must be having a slow day. I can't seem to find this option at all. I'm using the "Confluence XBMB3C" skin. 

Are the skins that come down from the XMBC Repo the latest or do I need to go to GitHub? 

What is the link to the GitHub repo?

Thanks

Josh

Edited by JoshFink

xnappo

No - our fault.

Confluence is the only skin where you DON'T have to turn on MB3 mode - however I didn't realize that the repo is pretty out of date and does not have the auto-library functions - you need to add the items you want to show up in the main menu as favorites.

Alternatively, you can download the latest version that DOES automatically populate the menu from the Git here:

https://github.com/faush01/XBMC.Confluence.XBMB3C.Gotham

zip: https://github.com/faush01/XBMC.Confluence.XBMB3C.Gotham/archive/master.zip

We are in the middle of getting more automation in place for new users - unfortunately you started with us in the middle of it, making things even more confusing.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

techywarrior

I suggest, perhaps once you are done with the new automation stuff you are working on, that you create a simple "new user how to guide" and pin it in this forum.

MrWebsmith

Yea im working on a couple versions of it cause its kinda skin dependant at the end... Whether or not you get the mode option etc

• Like 2

techywarrior

Excellent. Once it's done and ready, if you need it pinned, feel free to send me a PM (or ask Abo since I think he sleeps in the forum :) )

Edited by techywarrior
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...