Limit horizontal scrolling distance

crusher11

crusher11

I've just added my NBA collection as a TV show, with each season as a series. It's displayed on one line. With 40 seasons in it. If I want to watch a game from 2019, I need to scroll for about ten minutes.W

With only a handful of seasons horizontal scrolling makes sense, but when there are this many it's just not workable.

Wow.

It is a legitimate question to get to the bottom of your issue because I just brought up "American Experience" with 32 seasons and, in our slowest scrolling interface I know of (Roku), I just scrolled to Season 32 in less than 10 seconds.

On Android TV it took about 2 1/2 seconds and the web took 3 clicks and about a second and a half.

crusher11

Well, hyperbole is a thing. My point is about the relative efficiency.

There's also the fact that if you want a specific later season, rather than the absolute last season, you can't just lean on the right arrow key and get there as quick as possible.

It also looks absurd with 40 seasons all scrolling horizontally and absolutely nothing below that line.

daedalus

There's also the fact that if you want a specific later season, rather than the absolute last season, you can't just lean on the right arrow key and get there as quick as possible.

It also looks absurd with 40 seasons all scrolling horizontally and absolutely nothing below that line.

you forget that a truly elaborate adaptive design/interface is an alien concept in the emby world

arrbee99

Quick question without a lot of thought - would some kind of sorting help ? i.e. most recent to the left ?

adamstewiegreen

I'm not sure that more lines is more efficient.  For example, I have every season of the Simpsons (30 seasons) and holding down the right button (once) to get to the last season in the line takes seconds.  Now if Emby eliminates horizontal scrolling (which they would have to because scrolling BOTH ways is just confusing for every one) and does 5 seasons across it would take 9 clicks, or 2 long clicks (down, right).  Doesn't seem to be a lot of efficiency there.

Quick question without a lot of thought - would some kind of sorting help ? i.e. most recent to the left ?

This seems to me to be the more helpful solution to the problem.