Guide data question

Vitale4
Go to solution Solved by Vitale4,

Vitale4

I have a question on the guide.  I downloaded 3 days of my epg, without errors or issues (used to do 14 until the problem started and I was getting Bad Request) using ZAP2XML and ZAP2IT.  However Channel 230 is empty (no epg) just the image, but Channel 245 shows the guide.  I looked at the XML file and they look similar.  Can someone let me know what the expected tags are in the xml file so I can see if it is an error using ZAP2XML and ZAP2IT.

I am uploading my xml file and attached what my guide looks like

xmltv.xml

post-10428-0-75838000-1564709337_thumb.png

Edited by Vitale4

You may just want to use the mapping tool to map your tuner channel to your epg channel.

Vitale4

So I remapped the channels.... However, it still happens.. screen shot shows what the mapping looks like on the good one channel 245 and the bad one channel 230.  Not sure why the info is not showing.

Here is the channel XML for 230 and 245

<channel id="I230.12852.zap2it.com">
   <display-name>230 TCM</display-name>
   <display-name>230</display-name> 
   <display-name>TCM</display-name>
</channel>
<channel id="I245.73413.zap2it.com">
   <display-name>245 FETV</display-name>
   <display-name>245</display-name>
   <display-name>FETV</display-name>
</channel>

post-10428-0-70234200-1564752842_thumb.png

Edited by Vitale4

Vitale4

Yes - Is there a better way of getting the guide?  I have been doing it this way for years.  Recently it started happening.

My Method is as follows;

I have a windows box running a task which utilizes ZAP2XML against Zap2it.  The file is pulled down and then copied to the Emby Location for the EPG to get populated.

What I can't figure out is why when mapping channel 245 it shows as  "245 FETV - XmlTV" but 230 and the others that don't work shows as "- XmlTV".   The list when mapping shows the channel names correctly.  230 shows "230 TCM"

Note:  HdHomeRun works fine, but it gets its own Guide and Channels on an iPhone works as well.  I believe it uses the guide from HD Home Run as well.

Edited by Vitale4

Vitale4

Not to be ignorant -- but how or where do I do that?  I would prefer to utilize Emby 100% if possible

Remove your xml data from Emby, then add a new guide provider. It should be obvious at that point.

Vitale4

Just found it... :)  loading now and testing...

Everything has been rock solid, so never looked to see if anything changed in this area.  Guess I should check on things like this in the future.

Edited by Vitale4

• Solution
Vitale4

you all rock... thanks, that worked flawlessly.  I can now stop my scheduled job and save more resources... :)

Appreciate your help on this.

• Like 1