TV Shows - having different Versions of an Episode

CChris

Nowdays folder rips have a very limited audience compared to years ago. That means there will pretty much always be other things prioritized ahead of them now, unless there's some type of critical problem preventing basic playback.

Hi Luke, thanks for the informative response. As a committed Emby Premiere user, I totally hear what you are saying that people are moving away from folder rips (disc-based usage).

I am not sure what "features" others are asking for Emby to provide to folder rips, but at least for me, even if it's a just simple "display" or "link to the folder" without native Emby playback capability, I will be more than happy, because for folders rips, I'd rather launch custom player like the Zidoo Media Player on my Zidoo box that supports full blu-ray menu and navigation.

Is a really basic "display" or "link" type feature viable? Or are people asking for full Emby functionalities support for folder rips on Emby, which is not me by the way?

Edited by mbguy

Don't we already have basic display? And some of our apps support external players that you can use to launch them with.

• 4 months later...
diegov

Hi - is there any way to set the default version of the multi version episode? For example I have an episode which is completed dubbed in one language and another episode dubbed in another, so I've created the following structure:

ShowABC\Season1\Episode1 - Eng.mp4

ShowABC\Season1\Episode1 - Jap.mp4

However Emby is always selecting the Jap version be default even though its not alphabetically first. It would be could to have an option to set the default episode in a scenario like this. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Diego

Hi - is there any way to set the default version of the multi version episode? For example I have an episode which is completed dubbed in one language and another episode dubbed in another, so I've created the following structure:

ShowABC\Season1\Episode1 - Eng.mp4

ShowABC\Season1\Episode1 - Jap.mp4

However Emby is always selecting the Jap version be default even though its not alphabetically first. It would be could to have an option to set the default episode in a scenario like this. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Diego

Hi , there's no way to manually set defaults at this point.

• 4 months later...
17 minutes ago, itgreen9 said:

How do I separate shows so they are 2 different episodes and not linking as multiple versions?

Hi there, have you explored the series grouping option for your tv library?

On 4/25/2020 at 12:45 PM, Luke said:

Hi , there's no way to manually set defaults at this point.

Add the English version first, then add the JPN version second. BTW, JPN is politically correct and the sanctioned 3 letter code for Japan. :)

You should be able to use the 3 dot menu to split them.

Happy2Play
19 minutes ago, itgreen9 said:

How do I separate shows so they are 2 different episodes and not linking as multiple versions?

Can you elaborate on your setup.  All items are manually ungroupable.

2 minutes ago, cayars said:

You should be able to use the 3 dot menu to split them.

There should be a button in Media info of each item.

Now if the merge is happening on two separate folders for the show then you will need to disable "Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders" on the library.  But could have negative effects on shows you want grouped.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, have you explored the series grouping option for your tv library?

I have no idea how to do that... I am basically looking for direction. I have two episodes of a show. They have the same episode number but different names and they are grouping together. I want to simply have two different files in Plex so they play back to back in order and can be added to playlists. If someone can direct me to how to manually separate them that would be great.

If they have the same series and episode number they will be considered a grouped episode.  You would have to change the number on one of them.

Can you give us a real example with file names of the problem files?

Happy2Play

If I understand correctly the only way it to manually split each episode. But there may be other side effects but would give you the playlist by version option.

split.jpg.e84d17c741cb8c954ce6fc26cdf7ab70.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

If I understand correctly the only way it to manually split each episode. But there may be other side effects but would give you the playlist by version option.

split.jpg.e84d17c741cb8c954ce6fc26cdf7ab70.jpg

That is what I was looking for... Thank you.

• Like 1