Custom movie collection...How to ?

annisman

annisman

Hi,

I want to make a custom collection for all of the movies that I like to watch around Christmas time. However I DO NOT want the movies removed from my 'movies' section in Emby (WMC). I want these movies BOTH in the custom collection folder AND to stay as individual playable movies in the 'movies' section.

How is this possible ?

arrbee99

Don't know where WMC comes into it, but if you create your custom collection and then in Chrome or similar, under My Media, go to the Movies tab, click on the three dots and make sure 'Group items into Collections' isn't ticked. Hopefully that'll help, though, again, not sure about the WMC bit, but hopefully worth a try.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

I don't know about WMC but if you don't enable "Group items into collections", the items appear normally in the UI.

arrbee99

I don't know about WMC but if you don't enable "Group items into collections", the items appear normally in the UI.

Pity the posted time doesn't include seconds, just for curiosity you understand...

annisman

Ok so I can un check group items into collections but that will affect my entire library yes ? I just want a single custom collection to stay available in my movies list...

Edited by annisman

Ok so I can un check group items into collections but that will affect my entire library yes ? I just want a single custom collection to stay available in my movies list...

You can't make the choice on an individual collection level. It's either all collections or none.

annisman

Alright one last question, I've made the custom 'christmas' collection and I'm adding movies to it. Home alone 1 and home alone 2 are already in their own collection (Home Alone Collection) if I add those two movies to my new 'Christmas' collection what happens to the 'Home Alone' collection ? Does it stay or get deleted ? Is there conflicts when having movies in multiple collections ???

annisman

Thanks for the quick reply and all your help, Emby kicks ass because of the great support here !

• 2 weeks later...
bishnubee

I think having the choice on an individual collection level to group or not in the default view would be a nice addition.

I like to have for example the Godfather trilogy grouped in the default movie view. Yet, I was also beginning to create country specific collections that I would access by the collection tab. Obviously I would not want all the movies from a specific country to be grouped in the default movie view.

Hopefully this feature will be added. Thanks.

blade005

Maybe using a Playlist instead of Collection would solve OP's original question? 

Or, for something as specific as christmas movies you could just add an additional entry in Genre of each movie. I added HOLIDAY as a genre for all of my christmas / holiday movies. One easy to find Genre that can includes Holiday TV Movies, Holiday Theater Releases, Holiday Specials and such. They all are listed in the HOLIDAY genre, but also will show up in the overall library they are in.